Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Corsten View Post
    What actions do a firefighter or emergency medial person perform in their “official capacity?” What activities fall outside of this?

When the fire truck comes to the neighborhood picnic? When non-municipal EMT personnel are around?
    According to the wording of the law, ANY interaction with a uniformed first responder qualifies.

(3) An individual licensed under this act to carry a concealed pistol and who is carrying a concealed pistol or a portable device that uses electro-muscular disruption technology and who is stopped by a peace officer or who encounters, in his or her official capacity, a firefighter or emergency medical services personnel shall immediately disclose to the peace officer, firefighter, or emergency medical services personnel that he or she is carrying a pistol or a portable device that uses electro-muscular disruption technology concealed upon his or her person or in his or her vehicle.
    Definition: Encounter

1) to meet as an adversary or enemy; to engage in conflict with
    2) to come upon face to face
    3) to come upon or experience especially unexpectedly; to meet especially by chance

In the same aisle in the grocery store as a fireman buying food? Disclose. EMT in a gas station? Disclose. Walking past them in a parking lot? Disclose.

I am a Forum User
    Medic here.

This is dumb. That’s all.

I am a Forum User
    I can't understand how they missed including dog catcher?

So, you are knocked out and unable to speak, and they find a pistol on your body. Most? will tell an officer where they take possession and check to see if you have a valid CPL. Or they leave it and have hospital security secure it. Now with this you must tell them like they are LEO's? Why would they need to know? How does that change what they do?
    NRA Life member, NRARSO, Howell Gun Club member, MDFI Alum 2019 & 2020, 2023 GOA Life Member. MGO life member.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by XDM 40 cal View Post
    So, you are knocked out and unable to speak, and they find a pistol on your body. Most? will tell an officer where they take possession and check to see if you have a valid CPL. Or they leave it and have hospital security secure it. Now with this you must tell them like they are LEO's? Why would they need to know? How does that change what they do?
    Right now if a guy has a gun on board I have three options.
    1: have him hand it over to security at ER when we get there.
    2: call PD and have them take custody of it
    3: have him hand it to his wife

Some medics have a 4th option which is to freak out and act like they are being assaulted. “Omg he has a gun!!!”

I’ve never had an issue with guns, even when found on drunk, gangbangers, dealers, etc. I just don’t care.
    Tris is just another example of the good idea fairy ******** in someone’s mouth and thinking it’s a good enough idea to share.

Quote Originally Posted by Giraffe45 View Post
    Right now if a guy has a gun on board I have three options.
    1: have him hand it over to security at ER when we get there.
    2: call PD and have them take custody of it
    3: have him hand it to his wife

Some medics have a 4th option which is to freak out and act like they are being assaulted. “Omg he has a gun!!!”

I’ve never had an issue with guns, even when found on drunk, gangbangers, dealers, etc. I just don’t care.
    Tris is just another example of the good idea fairy ******** in someone’s mouth and thinking it’s a good enough idea to share.
    Agreed. I would hope the wife has her CPL to be able to accept the firearm.
    NRA Life member, NRARSO, Howell Gun Club member, MDFI Alum 2019 & 2020, 2023 GOA Life Member. MGO life member.

I am a Forum User
    If you have a cpl, your wife should have one too, just to cover the legal bases.

I am a Forum User
    This is Michigan under dim control. The commie agenda is now under way. We have been sold out. Better to get out before they need to fill up their Gulags. They will need new people for prisons when they release hard core criminals onto the streets like they are doing in all other blue states. I am sure they would love nothing more than to prosecute law abiding gun owners when they don’t comply with the new gun laws. It’s coming guys.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12