Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Making your own holsters?

I didnt see a place to put this so if this is wrong please move it.

The wife and I take our dogs for walks in the woods quite regularly. I like to take along a plinker for varmints and other smelly rascals (skunks) but I couldnt find a decent holster for my Buckmark. I decided I would try to make my own. I did the usual research and Youtube videos. Holstersmith provided me with the materials and off to work I went. I made a few mistakes but reheating kydex is no big deal and second and third trys seem to be ok.

I think they turned out pretty good, I got carried away making holsters for all kinds of crap around the house. Cell phones, pocket knives etc. Its pretty easy if you take your time and plan out your blocking.

Anyone else make holsters for their stuff?

You now shall be known as "The Kydex Kid".
    Teachers leave them kids alone
    Hey! teacher! leave us kids alone!

I am a Forum User
    I suggest trying speed clips. They are amazing.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dwcopple View Post
    I suggest trying speed clips. They are amazing.

Are those the split clips that lock over and under your belt? I have not tried them yet. The wife rarely wears a belt hence the pancake adapter but I may try some of those Ulticlips for her stuff soon.

I am a Forum User
    Those look fantastic! I love "The kydex Kid" comment lol

MGO Member
    Good looking work.
    I think many of the current big names started as "shade tree" holster makers. This might be your next career.
    Wishing you great success.
    Jim

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim1855 View Post
    Good looking work.
    I think many of the current big names started as "shade tree" holster makers. This might be your next career.
    Wishing you great success.
    Jim
    Thanks everyone!

I only got into it because I couldnt find what I wanted anywhere else. I dabble in woodworking, and metal fabrication already. I dont think my holstermaking is going any further than a few here n there for odd things. I have been fascinated lately with cutting and threading barrels, so my next foray may be into basic gunwerks!

I am a Forum User
    Very cool. With so many magazines and different options out there it's hard to find a product. I think specializing in holsters for items no one else goes after might be a good route.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by GreaseMonkeySRT View Post
    Very cool. With so many magazines and different options out there it's hard to find a product. I think specializing in holsters for items no one else goes after might be a good route.
    I agree, I think one off is probably the way to go. I watched a ton of videos and followed a few groups on FB. I was stunned at the number of different molds and then all the options for each firearm would make your head spin. I think they all cringe when yet another "weapon light" or laser hits the market and they scramble to make more molds. Having the item in hand may take a little longer but you can make exactly what you are after!

As a family we always try to do "hand made" gifts for Christmas, so quite a few of my hobbies end up as presents!

MGO Member
    You go good work.

I started making leather holsters a few decades ago. Going to have to try kydex

This is one of my more recent ones. I saw the design online and liked it. I kinda like the included mag pouch. I made them for several of my carry guns. This one happens to be an LCP.

No man made law physically prevents one from doing anything they have a mind to.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast