Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am a Forum User
    Made holster for some side money a few years ago. Made about 5-10 a week back then. Sold most of the gear but I still have a few molds and presses. It's great to be able to make gear I need in a few hrs if I can't go and buy something.

Quote Originally Posted by pipepro View Post
    I didnt see a place to put this so if this is wrong please move it.

The wife and I take our dogs for walks in the woods quite regularly. I like to take along a plinker for varmints and other smelly rascals (skunks) but I couldnt find a decent holster for my Buckmark. I decided I would try to make my own. I did the usual research and Youtube videos. Holstersmith provided me with the materials and off to work I went. I made a few mistakes but reheating kydex is no big deal and second and third trys seem to be ok.

I think they turned out pretty good, I got carried away making holsters for all kinds of crap around the house. Cell phones, pocket knives etc. Its pretty easy if you take your time and plan out your blocking.
    I haven't but that looks like a promising link for lights, knives, pepper spray etc, multi tool. I have a bunch of stuff I do not want in my pockets.

Do you like the quality of what they send you ... pretty good stuff to work with?

I have watched vides for years on it, just never took the plunge.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    Do you like the quality of what they send you ... pretty good stuff to work with?
    I dont have any basis for comparison, but the materials seemed to be good quality, the shipping was prompt and I had no issues with missing or incomplete orders. I used some of their foam for my press but I built it out of wood and used quick grip clamps to secure it. I already had a bunch of tools for woodworking and they cross over to kydex pretty well. Spindle sander, scroll saw, drill press, etc. The part I liked was that unless you actually melt the kydex you can re-heat it if you dont like the way it turned out. I converted one Buck knife holster into a single stack 45 mag carrier after getting frustrated with the knife retention. Give it a shot, its pretty fun to make original stuff.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    I haven't but that looks like a promising link for lights, knives, pepper spray etc, multi tool. I have a bunch of stuff I do not want in my pockets.

I have watched vides for years on it, just never took the plunge.
    I ordered all my stuff from knifekits.com and index fasteners. You can order kydex, holstex and bolteron all useful for holster making .8 is the normal thickness used.

Quote Originally Posted by Brader View Post
    I ordered all my stuff from knifekits.com and index fasteners. You can order kydex, holstex and bolteron all useful for holster making .8 is the normal thickness used.
    was that in addition to holstersmith you mentioned in first post ?
    Last edited by dirtmcgirt76239; 11-18-2022 at 05:07 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12