Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    SW of Grand Rapids, surrounded by chickens, Detroit some weekends.
    Quote Originally Posted by jack1943 View Post
    (don't have any idea why the word Remington would appear on a box of Fiocchi ammunition.)
    .223 Remington is the proper name of the cartridge, doesn’t have anything to do with what brand name it was loaded for.
    Last edited by balrog006; 12-09-2022 at 03:55 PM.
    “Cui prodest?” Lucius Annaeus Seneca

MGO Member
    Am unable to post pics on MGO but if you want to see a photo of the box they came in be happy to send me a text at 517-442-5511 and I will send on so you can see exactly what it says.........

SW of Grand Rapids, surrounded by chickens, Detroit some weekends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom S. View Post
    That can only be applied to rifle cartridges or some larger pistol cartridges. Some pistol cartridges only use 3.5 to 5 grains of powder, especially smaller ones like .32's, .380's, 9mm and even 45 acp.
    Depends how tight a control you keep on your components. If you are loading seconds bullets that vary in weight and random mix of range brass then no, it will be of no use to you for any time of check. However if you’re reloading a batch of similar lot and HS brass, quality projectiles and your powder delivery is accurate and reliable it can be done. I frequently check batches of 9mm and 380 this way, for the absence of powder or double charges only, but that kind of 3-5gr weight will show up when materials are controlled.
    “Cui prodest?” Lucius Annaeus Seneca

MGO Member
    I have examined both boxes with a 5" magnifying glass and cannot see anything embossed anywhere on the boxes and they are identical with no markings on either anyplace.
    Springfield has my Saint pistol in their shop and have sent me a text saying the damaged was caused by what they call a CCF or cartridge case failure. I have pics of the gun I took before I shipped it to them just in case.
    MY big problem now is I cannot find an attorney that handles this type of issue and I'm guessing its because there does not appear to be any money in it for them which I understand.
    I'm alive, didn't lose any fingers or even bleed more than a drop from a flying fragment on my face, my only physical issue is I still cannot fully flex my left hand which does not effect my quality of life.
    I paid a little over a grand for the pistol and Springfield has offered me a pick of another style gun to replace the destroyed one. My problem is they claim they won't be making the Saint Pistol again because of issues with the feds and the extented brace or support.
    I just hate getting screwed and not even a kiss.

MGO Member
    Thanks for the info............ just proves you are never to old to learn something new.

MGO Member
    I can't post pics but would be happy to return pics of boxes via text to share what info I have.......My number is 517-442-5511. and return photos will arrive shortly.

MGO Member
    Neither have I but the boxes are clearly marked...
    223MKC 69 GRS, MATCHKING HPBT

NO indication of a lot number or date of manufacture or nuthing...............

MGO Member
    I have a box of 38 Super made by Fiocchi that are stamped on the inside of the end flap. A couple of boxes of PMC Bronze that are this way as well. The PMC actually says Lot: then the appropriate information. The Fiocchi has several groups of alpha-numeric info, but none explicitly identified as a lot number.

Quote Originally Posted by balrog006 View Post
    Depends how tight a control you keep on your components. If you are loading seconds bullets that vary in weight and random mix of range brass then no, it will be of no use to you for any time of check. However if you’re reloading a batch of similar lot and HS brass, quality projectiles and your powder delivery is accurate and reliable it can be done. I frequently check batches of 9mm and 380 this way, for the absence of powder or double charges only, but that kind of 3-5gr weight will show up when materials are controlled.
    I reload range brass or occasionally Starline brass with bulk bullets (either cast or jacketed) at a rate of 1K or more at a sitting. There is no way I'm going to weigh and separate each case and bullet. The only time I ever had a problem with squibs was when I first started bulk reloading with a Lee Pro 1000. Got rid of the POS for a Dillon 650 and haven't had an issue since. When reloading rifle or handgun hunting ammo it's a different story however.
    Lighten up Francis.

Ammo was 62 grs. MatchKing HPBT 223MKC, 223 Remington.......
    223MKC 69 GRS, MATCHKING HPBT

NO indication of a lot number or date of manufacture or nuthing...............
    Ok so which is it? 62 or 69 grain?

Does your box look like this?

Or this?

Fiocchi has been known to overload several lots of their .223 Rem over the last couple of years. Issuing several recalls stating "Fiocchi Munizioni S.p.A. has verified that the ammunition of the aforementioned lot could develop a potentially higher pressure capable of causing damages." I think it was all 55gr FMJ .223 Rem though, not the atypical load you have.

The match kings should have a black ink stamped lot # on the inside of the end flap.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast