Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by jsxtreme View Post
    Young's looks legit. Thanks.
    I'm just south of you in Royal Joke. Young's is legit but it's closer to 3 hours to get there. All steel targets with a gator onsite for quick trips downrange to repaint. Occasionally run into Mac the guntuber there.

I am a Forum User
    What is the ballpark membership cost at Young’s? Is there also a cost to shoot each time you go?

Quote Originally Posted by Garandsrus View Post
    What is the ballpark membership cost at Young’s? Is there also a cost to shoot each time you go?
    As noted on their website -- Map (Internet query results)

Young's Long Shot Range is a private range, available by membership only.

To be considered for membership to Young's Longshot Range and for membership pricing information,
    contact Deb Young by phone or text at 260.350.2835 or email at youngslongshot@yahoo.com

You will need to be a member of the NRA.

Young’s Longshot, Inc.
    3955 S 500 E
    Wolcottville, IN 46795

---------------------------
    Young’s Long Shot Range is Indiana’s Best 1000 yard range. Located in beautiful Wolcottville, Indiana,
    Young’s Long Shot Range offers you the ability to shoot from 25 yards all the way out to 1,000 yards

No matter how familiar you think you are with firearms, as human beings, we make mistakes. REMEMBER: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS AN ACCIDENTAL DISCHARGE. MOST ACCIDENTS ARE THE RESULT OF TWO THINGS: IGNORANCE AND NEGLIGENCE.
    (as posted on the website)
    Last edited by zcolt45; 11-16-2022 at 10:49 PM.
    NRA Certified Instructor & Pistol Coach (since 1982)
    Life Member - NRA, DAV, IHMSA, St Pete Police Pistol Club, USPSA/IPSC
    Veteran - Korea DMZ 62~63
    Think Fast - Shoot Fast - Live to see another Day.

I am a Forum User
    Seems like there is a lot of gate keeping at many of the places mentioned.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by jsxtreme View Post
    Seems like there is a lot of gate keeping at many of the places mentioned.
    Extreme long range shooting isn't for beginners.

I am a Forum User
    There really is only one place to shoot 1k in a controlled environment in Michigan and that is MTC. You either have to be a member or attend one of the public events (PRS or MRPA LR, etc). For 600 yard ranges there really is only one where you can use the range at your leisure outside of organized events and that is Midland. You will need to be a member and you will need to qualify on the range at one of the open practices or events. Midland is cheap @ $80/year.

WSC holds Wednesday open practices but it is a real cluster. BWSA use of 600 is during official events only.

None of these 600 ranges have steel available outside of BWSA PRS matches. Everything else is paper bullseye.

I am a Forum User
    I saw that, which is what I asked about “ballpark” cost. I didn’t want to bother the owner since it is probably too far from me to make a membership worthwhile, but you never know!

Quote Originally Posted by zcolt45 View Post
    As noted on their website -- Map (Internet query results)

Young's Long Shot Range is a private range, available by membership only.

To be considered for membership to Young's Longshot Range and for membership pricing information,
    contact Deb Young by phone or text at 260.350.2835 or email at youngslongshot@yahoo.com

You will need to be a member of the NRA.

Young’s Longshot, Inc.
    3955 S 500 E
    Wolcottville, IN 46795

---------------------------
    Young’s Long Shot Range is Indiana’s Best 1000 yard range. Located in beautiful Wolcottville, Indiana,
    Young’s Long Shot Range offers you the ability to shoot from 25 yards all the way out to 1,000 yards

No matter how familiar you think you are with firearms, as human beings, we make mistakes. REMEMBER: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS AN ACCIDENTAL DISCHARGE. MOST ACCIDENTS ARE THE RESULT OF TWO THINGS: IGNORANCE AND NEGLIGENCE.
    (as posted on the website)

I am a Forum User
    Been a member at Young’s for years now. When I joined it was $300 the first year and $200 a year after. You are grandfathered in to your rate. New members now are $400 first year $300 a year after. No other fee to shoot. No range officers. Great place to shoot year round!! Many times we are the only ones there during the week. Nice pistol range with a bunch of reactive steel targets. Shotgun area on weekends.

I was a member at Young's for a few years and it is a great place to shoot. The owners are very nice, and they do a good job of keeping the place up. There are lines every 100 yards going all the way out to 1000 yards and in addition to that there is a nice pistol range there are well, lots of different steel targets. On top of all that you can buy awesome homemade cookies there as well as pop and water and a few other things.

You can shoot at the benches or if you prefer there is an elevated section where you can shoot prone. I can no longer make the time commitment to make the drive worth it, so I reluctantly allowed my membership to expire.

MGO Member
    Washtenaw has a 600 yard range, and they allow non-members to compete in Service Rifle matches there. I don't know if they would let a non-member sight in anything else.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast