Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: .350 Legend

MGO Member

.350 Legend

Don't own a .350 Legend but have watched others at the club shoot theirs so I have formed some opinions on the cartridge as a paper puncher. So what I'm asking is what kind of deer round is it? What kind of range does it offer to a seasoned shooter. How about reloading, anything to gain in performance? How does the .350 Legend stack up to say the .450 BM or the .357 Max? Thank You!

drops them like 300 Win or , 12ga slug 30-06 but fits great in an AR15 or small frame bolt gun.
    Seen every possible deer reaction to being shot, 40 yrs of hunting gives you that, rifle, pistol, bow, xbow...
    Doe I got last year was down in 5 seconds. 150gr Winchester. Much hotter than 357Max, my loads anyway...
    "The path to true knowledge is paved with wasted money" copyright postban forever!
    NRA Endowment Member, 2AF Life Member, GOA Patriot Member

200 yards commonly. There is a shop on the west side making ammo they claim makes it a 300 yard rifle.

https://bearcreekballistics.com/prod...nd-ammunition/

I'm looking for the show they were on, I think it was Michigan out of door.

I am a Forum User
    We've used the 350 for 3 or 4 seasons now and as with any deer gun, shot placement is key. The round itself is fun to shoot even for the youths. It's very VERY consistent and accurate.

For deer we've shot, I've never been able to drop one in it's tracks, always behind the shoulder, but they don't run far.

Great round to 150 for me. No where near as deadly as the 450bm though. I switched to 350 because I tend to be recoil sensitive. The 350 is very manageable.

I can say without equivocation that the 350 is in no way comparable to a "300 Win or , 12ga slug 30-06".

This year, so far, we've hung 5 deer.
    2 were taken with a 350 using factory ammo.
    - 1st one quartering away at roughly 57 yards (according to range finder), near perfect double lung and heart shot based on entry/exit and gut pile. Hornady 165gr FTX. Ran about 65 yards, laid down and bled out.
    - 2nd direct broadside at 112 yards, near prefect placement again based on entry - no exit. found the 1/2-3/4 mushroomed round when dressing. Winchester 160gr Power Max Bonded PHP. Could see the bruising (not bloodshot) on the other side (would be exit side) of rib-cage after we hung him and rinsed him out. Even though the round bounced around inside the deer...still ran about 100yds (absolutely no blood trail, entrance closed right up). Might not have found this one without the snow.

.270, did a jump kick and dropped a few feet from impact, from 154yds. entry and big exit. Factory 130gr Rem PSP.
    .308, dropped at 94yds. entry and gaping exit. Factory Federal 165gr Trophy Bonded Tip.
    .30-06, dropped (actually knocked down) at 137yds, blew out exit shoulder. entry and huge gaping exit. Factory 180gr Winchester Accubond CT.

One 350 was put away, and out came the .35Rem...guess which one.

MGO Member
    Consider it a good option for the recoil sensitive and with around the same effective range as the 450. I don't own on but have shot my buddies. He took 5 with his this year.

All deer die differently, some tip right over some run away with their heart blown to bits. Regardless of what you are shooting if you want to drop a deer hit em in the front shoulders.

MGO Member
    Having hunted with the .357 Max for the last 20 yrs plus in both Encore pistol and rifle and shot a truck of deer with them. Never has a deer ran over 25 yds when hit with 180 XTP or 180 Rem HP, seems to me the Legend is only loaded to less then top performance?

MGO Member
    I've taken 3 deer with the 350l. Used 180 gr. Federal. Absolutely hammered those deer. I like it better than my 450bm.
    No man made law physically prevents one from doing anything they have a mind to.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast