Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I am a Forum User
    I'd like to see some!

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by bentstick View Post
    Welp finally got it done, with my new RARR in 300 blackout, with cast bullets, and handloads, been a tough season up here, took Grandson from Tenn (13) for our first set this afternoon, have not seen anything but does and spikes until today ( been hunting since opening day) saw 4 bucks by 3;10 1 spike, 2 4 pts, and this 7, told him if had a shot take it he said no shot and told me to shoot, so I did.

Attachment 115312
    Congratulations! I reloaded some 120 grain Tac/TX for deer hunting. I shot a doe with it at about 120yards. It took her down pretty quick. Did you cast your own bullets? I’m a long time reloaded but never tried casting, but this Xmas I got a melting pot and some other goodies to try my hand at casting my own bullets. Any advice you could give on bullet hardness and velocity using cast bullets would be appreciated!
    Thanks

MGO Member
    I tried to upload pics of my two does, and the program doesn't allow me to upload from my phone, only from an url. Anyway, I took two does with my Henry BBS in 45 colt, using bullets I cast myself. The firearm season was rough, most deer sightings, the deer were on neighbor's property. The does were shot at a friend's farm during the ML and late doe season

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by michiganlouie View Post
    I tried to upload pics of my two does, and the program doesn't allow me to upload from my phone, only from an url. Anyway, I took two does with my Henry BBS in 45 colt, using bullets I cast myself. The firearm season was rough, most deer sightings, the deer were on neighbor's property. The does were shot at a friend's farm during the ML and late doe season
    Congrats Louie!

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve123! View Post
    Congratulations! I reloaded some 120 grain Tac/TX for deer hunting. I shot a doe with it at about 120yards. It took her down pretty quick. Did you cast your own bullets? I’m a long time reloaded but never tried casting, but this Xmas I got a melting pot and some other goodies to try my hand at casting my own bullets. Any advice you could give on bullet hardness and velocity using cast bullets would be appreciated!
    Thanks
    Yes casted them myself, I only been casting a yr +, learning at every turn and trigger squeeze, been a ride for sure, but enjoying the hell out of it.

Will take a look at notes, bullets are around 12-14 bhn according to the 2 testers I have, lead was found here on property after we moved in upon FIL passing away.

What are you shooting for a rifle?
    Last edited by bentstick; 12-29-2022 at 04:09 PM.

SW of Grand Rapids, surrounded by chickens, Detroit some weekends.
    Quote Originally Posted by michiganlouie View Post
    I tried to upload pics of my two does, and the program doesn't allow me to upload from my phone, only from an url.
    Yes, forum users have to use an outside image host to link pics in the forum. Paid forum members can post directly in the forum.
    “Cui prodest?” Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234