Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The DonnyFl site is showing nothing as they are having legal problems with the ATF .

This has been very thoroughly investigated. Both Federal and State law say that it is only a silencer if it is for a firearm. Air guns are not firearms, the NFA does not apply.

U.S. Code Title 18 PART I CHAPTER 44 § 921

(25) The terms “firearm silencer” and “firearm muffler” mean any device for silencing, muffling, or diminishing the report of a portable firearm, including any combination of parts, designed or redesigned, and intended for use in assembling or fabricating a firearm silencer or firearm muffler, and any part intended only for use in such assembly or fabrication.

MCL 750-224

(4) As used in this chapter, "muffler" or "silencer" means 1 or more of the following:
    (a) A device for muffling, silencing, or deadening the report of a firearm.
    (b) A combination of parts, designed or redesigned, and intended for use in assembling or fabricating a muffler or silencer.
    (c) A part, designed or redesigned, and intended only for use in assembling or fabricating a muffler or silencer.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

Looking at the events that have thus far occurred with respect to DonnyFL, there appears to be significant differences in the interpretation of the law.

Here are some of the things we know:
    - DonnyFL used to sell airgun moderators
    - DonnyFL received a visit, and their website then went offline for approximately 2 weeks
    - When the website came back online, they no longer offered airgun moderators

There have been statements that DonnyFL is going to fight whatever decision had been made, but neither the details of that decision nor the alleged infractions appear to be public, at least not yet.

The ATF came out with the following statement regarding airgun moderators (Last reviewed in April 2020):
    https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/are-...ed-nfa-weapons

While agency statements do not carry the weight of law, they do shape agency policy. The above referenced link is additionally confusing as it does not spell out under which conditions an airgun moderator can be considered an NFA weapon.

I have no desire to be wrapped up in litigation and will simply wait on the sidelines with my noisy airguns until clarity can be provided.

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle George View Post
    Looking at the events that have thus far occurred with respect to DonnyFL, there appears to be significant differences in the interpretation of the law.

Here are some of the things we know:
    - DonnyFL used to sell airgun moderators
    - DonnyFL received a visit, and their website then went offline for approximately 2 weeks
    - When the website came back online, they no longer offered airgun moderators

There have been statements that DonnyFL is going to fight whatever decision had been made, but neither the details of that decision nor the alleged infractions appear to be public, at least not yet.

The ATF came out with the following statement regarding airgun moderators (Last reviewed in April 2020):
    https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/are-...ed-nfa-weapons

While agency statements do not carry the weight of law, they do shape agency policy. The above referenced link is additionally confusing as it does not spell out under which conditions an airgun moderator can be considered an NFA weapon.

I have no desire to be wrapped up in litigation and will simply wait on the sidelines with my noisy airguns until clarity can be provided.
    Thank you for this. Airgun suppressor not that important.
    There is always opinions on things that have grey areas.
    I'm with you on this one.
    I spent most of my life hunting and fishing, the rest I just wasted.

I wonder if you could make something out of PVC pipe and endcaps? I would imagine that would not hold up to use with a firearm, but then again, it only needs to work one time to be considered a suppressor.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12