Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

My Latest Take On Gun Shows

I visited the Lansing-area gun show, held in Mason, yesterday. Anybody here old enough to remember when gun shows actually had GUNS? As I walked around, I saw (imitation) animal skulls, skins, cheap knives, "key chains" that might be classified as a cheap imitation of a brass knuckle, cookies, candy, cheese, some type of energy drink, Christmas decorations, books, two booths that were selling smart phone-based target systems, lots of AR mags and parts, and maybe 1/3 of the floor was taken up by vendors that were actually selling firearms. Not a great selection, and (as we've noted in the past), prices were on the high side. I also remember the days when several of the visitors to the show had guns they wanted to sell, but only one or two yesterday. I was somewhat surprised to see more ladies than usual out shopping for guns - that might be a sign.

In spite of all this, I did enjoy getting out of the house on a snowy Saturday, and walk around.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

MGO Member
    I long for the days when the Lansing gun show was downtown Lansing. Or the Midland gun show that was downtown Midland. I am sure there were some good ones in the Detroit area. Even in Grand Rapids at the Delta plex. Seem like gun shows around this state anymore are just a flea market with a high cover charge. Nothing to get excited about anymore. Just my opinion.

In Memoriam Forum User
    I think all the walking dead left over from the Gibraltar Trade Center after they closed have infiltrated the gun shows in hopes of finding other lost souls as well as barbecued dog bones!

MGO Member
    End of the month there will be the Doug carl show and the mich antique gun show at Novi I will go and spend my 25.00 to look at both

going too gibralter trade center, or gun shows at armory on 8 mile etc with hundreds of tables were awesome. I was polite and called people sir, they let me handle anything I wanted and I was 11-12 years old. I remember medals for sale, lots of books like army field guides etc, grende paper weights, 50 cal key chain things etc. I would say it was 85 percent guns, 5 pecent books, 10 percent knives and swords.

I am a Forum User
    Oooo how I miss those days I remember making friends with a lot of the vendors and let me hold my firearms at their tables well I went and shopped around and talked everyone’s ear off!!! I would do anything to get those days back!!

I am a Forum User
    Gun shows have been a joke for a few years now, wannabe retailers, trying to get full internet prices

One of my fondest memories growing up in Tulsa.
    Was just back for work and missed the show by 2 days.
    The shows here? Shudder... just a place to grab some decent tasting jerky made from mystery meat.
    Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it. Ronald Reagan

Gotta be somebody need some killin
    Major Benson Winifred Payne

In Memoriam Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    going too gibralter trade center, or gun shows at armory on 8 mile etc with hundreds of tables were awesome. I was polite and called people sir, they let me handle anything I wanted and I was 11-12 years old. I remember medals for sale, lots of books like army field guides etc, grende paper weights, 50 cal key chain things etc. I would say it was 85 percent guns, 5 pecent books, 10 percent knives and swords.
    Oh yea those shows at the Armory were the biggest and the best. Back in the60's ~ 70's you could walk down 3 or 4 isles and pick up all you needed to assemble an UZI or just about anything else you needed or wanted, for cheap!

MGO Member
    Guns shows have been garbage for more than a few years. I miss the guns shows of days past.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast