Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    [QUOTE=ppruchnicki1;3390217]The Goodman shows were awesome!
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.”

I stopped going when they said you cannot legally carry your concealed firearm at the gun show. I understand some venues are covered by state law, but others are not and they still restrict you.
    Join MGO Date 07-25-2007
    AMAC Member

The one gun show that I always enjoyed was the one they has at the Machine Gun Shoot at Knob Creek Range in KY. That show never disappointed. That show popped my machine gun cherry at 15 years old. Bummer that they aren't doing it anymore.

I've never had an interest in attending the guns shows that have the same 15 guns that every gun store is selling. Show me a good deal or show me something I won't see elsewhere, otherwise I'm not making the drive.

I am a Forum User
    I remember the gun shows at the 8 mile armory.

One guy always had a dual 10/22 setup with a rotary trigger mechanism on a tripod that I wanted.

Then one day he showed up with a quad 10/22 with 50 round magazines. Almost purchased it with the thought of putting a small electric motor on the rotary crank (manual) mechanism but figured that would not be legal. Expensive though, about the price of a small car.

Don't see anything like that any more.

Quote Originally Posted by crankythunder View Post
    I remember the gun shows at the 8 mile armory.

One guy always had a dual 10/22 setup with a rotary trigger mechanism on a tripod that I wanted.

Then one day he showed up with a quad 10/22 with 50 round magazines. Almost purchased it with the thought of putting a small electric motor on the rotary crank (manual) mechanism but figured that would not be legal. Expensive though, about the price of a small car.

Don't see anything like that any more.
    One of our grandsons has one of those. Kinda difficult aiming it while turning the crank. It spits the bullets out pretty fast though.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a sleeping pill and laxative on the same night.

MGO Member
    Last year I was really wanting to get a Flintlock, and went to the Novi gun show thinking there HAD to be one there, right? Nope. Zero. I was disappointed.

Hoping gun shows pick back up, but it might be a while.

Quote Originally Posted by allstajacket View Post
    Last year I was really wanting to get a Flintlock, and went to the Novi gun show thinking there HAD to be one there, right? Nope. Zero. I was disappointed.
    If you really want a flinchlock, go to the big show at the Kalamazoo Fairgrounds in March, bring money they ain't cheap.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

We used to drive many miles to attend the gun shows at the "Light Guard Armory" on 8 Mile,

https://www.miarmyguard.com/history

The history of the Michigan National Guard is one of long and honorable service that predates the state itself. As one of Michigan's first settlements, Detroit is looked upon as the birthplace of the early Michigan Militia. The first indication of an effort to organize a militia is the reference in the Cadillac Papers of a proposal made by Sr. de LaMothe. His proposal, dated November 13, 1708, called for forming four companies to act as a militia for the colony. The first Regiment of Michigan Militia, the Detroit City Guards, and a company of mounted volunteers (dragoons) made up the earliest Michigan units and were barracked in Detroit. To this day, the Michigan Army National Guard Armory on 8 Mile Road in Detroit is called the “Light Guard” armory in honor of its history.
    NRA Life Member + RSO
    OCSC Member (full)
    HGC Member (associate)

MGO Member
    I have never understood why I would have pay to walk in the door and possibly for parking for a gun show.
    I never have to pay to enter a gun store.
    Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.

MGO Member
    I like the fact that an average person ,man or women has a place to sell their private gun ,knife or antique collection or a start up product . I support gun shows and gun stores and maybe MGO should use their influence to help enhance the gun shows instead of just complaining.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123