Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    MGO Member
    If the don't accept it at the desk just mail it in. It's how I do all my ri60 now in Detroit. I'm tired of driving to the 3rd precinct and then being disarmed because they think they are above the law.

What mailing address?
    Teachers leave them kids alone
    Hey! teacher! leave us kids alone!

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnJak View Post
    What mailing address?
    You mean to the third precinct I mentioned? Google will help with that just put gun desk on it.

Quote Originally Posted by alexwolf21 View Post
    Detroit Police Department Denying Gun Slips for Private Sale

Hello so I just did a private sale for gun slip/cpl holder.
    I was told gun slip can't be submitted anymore privately
    Without buying pistol purchase permit (under direction by the state)

DPD 3rd pct gundesk

Just wanted to see if I can send this over to MSP because I have feeling this is just happening in Detroit.

I just want to turn my gun slips in ~ this just made me want to move back to Texas lol.
    Mail it in as required by law, move on with your life. Quit dancing for the overseers. Seriously!

MGO Member
    DPD, attn: records. Pick a precinct or mail to headquarters. Seems like that would be in full compliance with the law.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWabbit View Post
    Mail it in as required by law, move on with your life. Quit dancing for the overseers. Seriously!
    They aren't overseers. They are public servant. They aren't above us, they are below us. You don't polish the shoes of the vallet, or park the waiters car at the fancy hotel. They serve us.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    They aren't overseers. They are public servant. They aren't above us, they are below us. You don't polish the shoes of the vallet, or park the waiters car at the fancy hotel. They serve us.
    In the old America perhaps. This is the new one. The one controlled by the leftists

Quote Originally Posted by zcolt45 View Post
    .. From the RI-060 form on the web
    Distribution: The purchaser shall receive two copies of the form and the seller may retain one copy. Within ten days of purchase or acquisition, the purchaser must submit the registry copy to the city, village, or township police department where the purchaser resides, or the county sheriff.
    My County Sheriffs Department has a Drop Slot at the entrance for the RI-060 (no need to go inside).n State Police within 48 hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by MCPO_SOCM_RET View Post
    28.422a provides all of this info (and there are no recent or pending changes to this - that I know of or can find)
    The purchaser shall receive 2 copies of the record and forward 1 copy to the police department of the city, village, or township in which the purchaser resides, or, if the purchaser does not reside in a city, village, or township having a police department, to the county sheriff, within 10 days following the purchase or acquisition. The return of the copy to the police department or county sheriff may be made in person or may be made by first-class mail or certified mail sent within the 10-day period to the proper address of the police department or county sheriff.
    I am curious on the language here one says OR County sheriff, the other says IF purchaser does not reside in a city... Is the first example just missing a few words/line of text? Because the second statement would not allow the Wayne County Sheriff to accept the RI-60 as I read it. I've been fed up with the system since my 2nd pistol purchase,when I walked into the Dearborn Clerk's office a year between purchases and the clerk looks at me glaringly and says "BACK AGAIN?!" I've made it a mission to try and get her attention when I've dropped the next 27 or so into the drop box.

I am a Forum User
    Go get an Arizona CPL and then take your RI60 and file it away in the fireplace..

I am a Forum User
    Mail it and be done with it. It's worth the cost of the stamp to not deal with their stupid made up rules.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast