Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by alinc100 View Post
    I am curious on the language here one says OR County sheriff, the other says IF purchaser does not reside in a city... Is the first example just missing a few words/line of text? Because the second statement would not allow the Wayne County Sheriff to accept the RI-60 as I read it. I've been fed up with the system since my 2nd pistol purchase,when I walked into the Dearborn Clerk's office a year between purchases and the clerk looks at me glaringly and says "BACK AGAIN?!" I've made it a mission to try and get her attention when I've dropped the next 27 or so into the drop box.
    The RI60 is an MSP form with it's own MSP paraphrased directions on it.
    This form also references MCL 28.422a as the AUTHORITY so that would trump the MSP developed form instructions.
    I can't find that specific "quoted" wording on the most up-to-date RI60 (link), maybe it is from an older version of the form - But that's really moot since the MCL is the authoritative reference.

I am not a lawyer, so my opinion only has common sense applied to it.

MGO Member
    There's a massive epidemic of petty officials and other customer service representatives in general who make up their own rules on the fly. Detroit does have an older ordinance that used to require a special Detroit permit in order to buy a pistol. All moot by preemption but they will just "tell" you whatever they want to make up. Just like their prohibition on "weapons" in city parks. Comically, when you look up the ordinance quoted on the sign, it has nothing to do with prohibiting weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by nrich1979 View Post
    Go get an Arizona CPL and then take your RI60 and file it away in the fireplace..
    Aaaaannnnnndddddd, this is what I did.
    Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it. Ronald Reagan

Gotta be somebody need some killin
    Major Benson Winifred Payne

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by wizzi01 View Post
    If the don't accept it at the desk just mail it in. It's how I do all my ri60 now in Detroit. I'm tired of driving to the 3rd precinct and then being disarmed because they think they are above the law.
    If you have a chance - can you please share that mailing address for MSP pistol records? Thanks

I am a Forum User
    just wanted to update -
    I attempted to turn in my gunslips again. I was told gunslips from valid cpl users will no longer be accepted (I would have to pay $20 for each gun I would want to register for private sale with background search).

I'm not wasting another minute with this precinct when it comes to registering guns

I recorded 1 conversation with gundesk at dpd stating this new rule. Because if 1 day they ask why I didn't register my pistols to DPD I can be like I really tried but I mailed it to MSP.
    Gun registration info: (313) 596-1984 - DPD gundesk number

....I'm going to just mail it.
    after I figure out MSP pistol record department address. If anyone has it please let me know

Quote Originally Posted by alexwolf21 View Post
    just wanted to update -
    I attempted to turn in my gunslips again. I was told gunslips from valid cpl users will no longer be accepted (I would have to pay $20 for each gun I would want to register for private sale with background search).

I'm not wasting another minute with this precinct when it comes to registering guns

I recorded 1 conversation with gundesk at dpd stating this new rule. Because if 1 day they ask why I didn't register my pistols to DPD I can be like I really tried but I mailed it to MSP.
    Gun registration info: (313) 596-1984 - DPD gundesk number

....I'm going to just mail it.
    after I figure out MSP pistol record department address. If anyone has it please let me know
    Even some LEO (whom I have always backed) seem to be getting the 'infection' from Biden's FBI DOJ etc.....

If they can't do their job related to responsibility behind a desk, what do they do out in the streets?

Or is it the Detoilet LEO hierarchy precipitating this idiocy b/c of all the illegal guns in the City itself so the innocent gun owner is automatically swept up into the corner with the 'average' criminal shooters?

I am a Forum User
    I wonder if they are under the direction of the governor. She has it all planned out to make sure all gun sees go through a background check that will be plopped on us in no time.

I am a Forum User
    Forgive me Alex, your location says Warren, if so why are you dealing with DPD?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post
    Forgive me Alex, your location says Warren, if so why are you dealing with DPD?
    2 homes under my name ~ home in Warren & 1 in Detroit (by inheritance). Family/Friends been telling me for years I should change over my ID/CPL to Warren. I just never had any fire under me to do it...well into now. I could easily resolve it like that for myself but I still feel like this is wrong.
    If anyone wants reasoning or why they're doing it. Call the dpd gundesk they'll tell you they're under orders and the new process they're following.

Livingston cty sheriff takes the paper, smiles, and says to have a great day.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a sleeping pill and laxative on the same night.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast