Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Palmetto State Armory : latest customer service report 11-22-22

I have another BCG issue with my PSA AR-15 this time.
    Called their customer service dept phone # ..apparently things have changed. Was directed to a lengthy recorded message that ended with..
    "go online & fill out request form", then the phone call cut off. I followed the instructions and submitted the required information. Later that day, I got a
    "do not reply to this email" message, saying they'd received my information and it could take up to 3 business days for a response.

Waited 3 days, no message..4, 5, 6, 7, now 8 days later, still no message / response. I'm back on the phone, trying to actually speak to someone.
    After a few attempts, trying different phone extension options, finally got put on hold. Surfed the web,visiting several sites, waiting to speak to someone.
    Eventually a person answered, asked my order #., then name. Gave her that, as well as my warranty claim #, that was included in their email.

I was told the warranty dept was "very busy", and they were "behind" , and I would be given an email notification when they reviewed my information.

Interspersed in the comments, multiple apologizes we offered.

I questioned why this backlog was not mentioned on the website, maybe a note that extra time may be needed ( beyond the stated 3 business days) for a response.
    I got additional apologies but no answer. Realizing the person was instructed to provide apologies and not answers, I suggested she pass along the concerns
    I expressed, that going to an email contact system, instead of speaking with a representative, is only satisfactory IF they respond in the manner in which the email states, otherwise the email system generated frustration, disappointment, dissatisfaction for those trying to seek customer service.

I thanked her , wished her a Happy Thanksgiving, and went back to waiting..

So, if you need customer service from PSA at this time, be prepared for a wait...

I am a Forum User
    Joe, shoot me PM. I work for PSA moderating several social media groups. I'm sure I can get you in contact with someone that will get the process started. - Matt

I am a Forum User
    Josiah WILL fix it

ask here in industry forum

https://www.ar15.com/forums/industry...te-Armory/301/

I have had excellent results via the PSA forum.
    https://palmettostatearmory.com/forum/latest
    Join MGO Date 07-25-2007
    AMAC Member

I am a Forum User
    Well, I got tired of waiting for PSA to respond to my warranty request form, so yesterday I took mattbbb14 up on his offer, to help, with getting a response from PSA.
    It worked. Matt must have someone important ear, as after he forwarded a PM I sent him about my issue, I was contacted by email, then a phone call, from a PSA rep.
    He 1st apologized for the delay in getting to my issue, citing a large backlog of warranty requests & work. He explained they are working to improve both
    their customer contact system, as well as address their backlog of work. After my explaining my issue, the rep (Cody) explained how to change the gas rings on my bolt, and asked if I felt comfortable doing this myself. When I said "yes", he then said he'd send me several sets of rings for my bolt. Gave me tips on doing the job, and his direct phone #, if this doesn't solve the problem, adding we'd go from there, if there's any further problem. A short time later, I received another email, saying gas rings had been sent, and a tracking # was provided.
    Thanks, Matt, aka mattbbb14.. and PSA for addressing my issue.
    Last edited by joepistol; 12-02-2022 at 11:22 AM.

I am a Forum User
    Josiah and Matt know each other

MGO Member
    Just a random though but they might not get so back logged if the worked on quality control of the products they are selling.
    Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.

I am a Forum User
    There's some comments about the gun world that they use Primitive Pete's to tighten flash hiders and barrel nuts.

It's not a great idea to buy a PSA upper with the thought of parting it out. It can be done, but I cuss a lot when doing so.

I am a Forum User
    Thanks @joepistol I'm always happy to help. Unfortunately PSA still gets a bad wrap within certain parts of the gun community. PSA has come so far in recent years, and they don't plan on stopping anytime soon. There are so many awesome projects in the works, some of which might make an appearance at SHOT show in January. Keep me posted on those rings.

Quote Originally Posted by gjgalligan View Post
    Just a random though but they might not get so back logged if the worked on quality control of the products they are selling.
    Or it could just be they can't find qualified help. Many places are having this issue. My son has been looking for technicians in a field that pays easy 6 figures with overtime. Of the last two candidates, one never showed up and the other worked for a week and said he had another offer from a place he was more interested in working at. A friend's daughter who works in a specialty field says they too are having a hard time getting qualified help, and they too pay far beyond minimum wage.
    Lighten up Francis.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast