Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Replacement stock for Ranger Shotguns 103.6 or Marlin Model 90 ?... Anybody ???

So.... I've had this 16 ga. O/U Ranger 103.6 Shotgun (Marlin Mod. 90) sitting on the repair rack for quite awhile, And every so often I do a internet search for a replacement butt stock with no results. If I could find even a 80% inletted stock to work with, I could take it from there.

For some reason I really hate restocking doubles of any kind, but the back of this receiver has similar contours to a Browning Citori which makes it that much more difficult. and my hands aren't as nimble as they use to be.... I've checked with all the usual replacement stock company's.. With no luck, So I'm throwing it out there to see if any of you guys have any ideas or direction.

Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by Harms Way; 11-26-2022 at 08:33 PM.

Teachers leave them kids alone
    Hey! teacher! leave us kids alone!

You sure it's not a Marlin 90?
    M80's are bolt rifles if I remember right.

New M90 semi-inletted raw stocks and forends are around...
    https://www.shop.macongunstocks.com/...n-90-Stock.htm
    https://cottagecraftworks.com/marlin...lacement-stock
    ...first two results from the google box

You probably will have a hard time finding a ranger stock. Maybe try looking for a JC Higgins as well as ranger and marlin, if you want old original stocks/forends to recondition.

Quote Originally Posted by MCPO_SOCM_RET View Post
    You sure it's not a Marlin 90?
    M80's are bolt rifles if I remember right.

New M90 semi-inletted raw stocks and forends are around...
    https://www.shop.macongunstocks.com/...n-90-Stock.htm
    https://cottagecraftworks.com/marlin...lacement-stock
    ...first two results from the google box

You probably will have a hard time finding a ranger stock. Maybe try looking for a JC Higgins as well as ranger and marlin, if you want old original stocks/forends to recondition.
    Your Right !
    It's a Ranger Model 103.6 as well as a Marlin Model 90.... (My mistake)..... The contours of the receiver is why I don't want to start with a stock blank.

(Internet image)
    100499589_13294_AE8003CC72B5418A.jpg

Marketplace Moderator
    A stock maker with a duplicating maching can make you a new stock. I know it is pricey. But a good fix. What is the gun worth to you? Sentimental value?

Quote Originally Posted by moosefisher View Post
    A stock maker with a duplicating maching can make you a new stock. I know it is pricey. But a good fix. What is the gun worth to you? Sentimental value?
    Thanks Moosefisher,...
    But this Ranger is just one of the projects on the rack. Great little 16 GA. O/U... But it's not a priority. if I can find a unfinished or repairable stock for it I'll do something with it. otherwise, I'll just eventually end up parting it out (which would be a shame). For some reason I really hate re-stocking Doubles of any kind. The last Double I restocked from a blank was a Zeboli 10 Ga. 3-1/2" Magnum SXS with 32" Full & Full barrels. Logistically it was a much simpler stock. But I disliked every minute of it.

I don't have the patience I used to have years ago,... And over the years I've re-stocked more doubles than anything. however thank you for your response.

Another place to seek.

https://gun-parts.com/catalog/

I am a Forum User

We need to have a sticky for these sites that have obsolete parts. I have a few more to offer.