Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Thread: 450 bushmaster

I am a Forum User

450 bushmaster

I have a Henry 450 bushmaster single shot rifle. What would be a better way to reduce the recoil, a muzzle brake or have it magna ported?

The thing I like about a brake, is it can be removed, or swapped, if you want. I actually have a magnaport brand muzzle brake on my Ruger bolt action .450, it works much better than the stock Ruger brake a friend has on his. Ear protection is gonna be your friend.

Brakes can be pretty loud at the trigger, I would guess that magnaporting adds some noise too, but I have no direct experience on a rifle.

Adding some weight to the gun, a good recoil pad or padded shoulder can help too.

The rifle only weights 6.7 lbs, put a recoil absorber in the butt-stock.

ETA there is a recall on some of them: https://www.henryusa.com/recall/
    Last edited by Roundballer; 11-26-2022 at 03:32 PM. Reason: add link

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

Muzzle brakes depending on maker which are designed to fight rearward movement should reduce recoil more then a Mag na port job which is designed to fight muzzle rise.
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

I am a Forum User
    Thanks for the info ,I bought it used so I will have to check with them.

I am a Forum User
    I am more interested in the muzzle rise thanks for the info.

pachmayr decelerator ... always do the easiest thing first. Or remington limbsaver.

If its still too much go get a brake put on.

Or both, the value of the decelerator is so great get it even if you get the brake.

I am a Forum User
    Just a slight correction to the above--Remington has the R3, which is close to a Limbsaver but the Limbsaver is made by Sims.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnS624 View Post
    Just a slight correction to the above--Remington has the R3, which is close to a Limbsaver but the Limbsaver is made by Sims.
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    I'll defer to you. Did Remington used to sell it ? I thought I ordered a limbsaver branded Remington less than 5 years ago.
    Accurate. I wonder how �� that got in my head. Ohh well. Good save.
    Last edited by dirtmcgirt76239; 12-05-2022 at 11:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    I'll defer to you. Did Remington used to sell it ? I thought I ordered a limbsaver branded Remington less than 5 years ago.
    Accurate. I wonder how �� that got in my head. Ohh well. Good save.