Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Rootsy View Post
    By the time you buy a 700 and then pay someone to square it all up you are often not that far off of a new action that doesn’t need any of that work in the first place. Don’t forget to have whoever does the work bush the firing pin hole install an M16 or sako extractor and time the bolt handle for proper primary extraction. Chances are that the threads will increase in diameter to make them concentric and coaxial to the bolt race anyway so you are going to need a new barrel too and once a custom, always a custom. No more just buying a RemAge and slapping it on.
    Everyone seems to be missing the fact that I own the gun already lol

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by MICHSTORM View Post
    Everyone seems to be missing the fact that I own the gun already lol
    As someone who hasn’t advised you to get a new gun, a couple of thoughts strike me:

A)If you ultimately came to the conclusion that modifying your existing rifle wasn’t financially prudent given the purported superior offerings available from other manufacturers, you could always sell it. We even have a section here on MGO for folks who choose to sell their firearms.

B) Likely most of the folks advising you to consider your options instead of spending an abundance of funds on your existing rifle are simply reflecting their personal experiences. You might update your original post to reflect that you absolutely will not consider a different rifle altogether regardless of how logical that option might be. That would certainly dissuade me from advising you to consider whether that might be the right choice.

Either way, good luck!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12