Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

View Poll Results: Are you interested in attending this event?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, this sounds great!

16 47.06%
  • Sounds great, but bad date.

2 5.88%
  • Sounds great, but too far away.

15 44.12%
  • I hate tacos!

1 2.94%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    MGO Board of Directors

GAUGING INTEREST - Picnic/Michigan Legislative 2A Caucus - June 24, 2023

This is a modified poll from the one posted back in August. The location is known, the date has changed and the scope of the event has changed slightly (now making it a Legislative 2A Caucus in addition to the picnic).

Please vote (revote if you voted in the previous poll).

MGO is considering a Picnic/Michigan Legislative 2A Caucus next June (June 24, 2023) at Northland Sportsman's Club in Gaylord, MI…this would be in an outdoor park/shelter and we are considering a taco bar setup.

The cost is FREE!

Please indicate your interest in attending via the poll so that we can decide and plan accordingly.
    Last edited by Shyster; 12-26-2022 at 01:59 PM. Reason: Spelling error
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User
    Would any legislators be attending?

This is a great opportunity for us, as a community, to learn more and discuss strategies to retain our constitutional rights.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by twofeathers View Post
    Would any legislators be attending?
    Definitely! As this progresses, a list will be known.
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers

I'd be interested.
    Just me

Instructor: Basic Pistol, PPIH, PPOH, Hunter Safety
    NRA Life Member
    President of the Chippewa County Shooting Association

I am a Forum User
    I would be interested.

I am a Forum User
    I'd need to know more before I had an opinion. What is going to be discussed? Who will attend/speak? Most anything that can be discussed there could be discussed right here, so I'm leaning toward a "NO". Love to see a political action plan though... here or there. What's the plan?

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator Shyster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducryder View Post
    I'd need to know more before I had an opinion. What is going to be discussed? Who will attend/speak? Most anything that can be discussed there could be discussed right here, so I'm leaning toward a "NO". Love to see a political action plan though... here or there. What's the plan?
    The idea is to meet with legislators, hopefully some of them being Democrats, to express the opinions of the public-at-large and particularly MGO members with regard to proposed legislation. Anything we can do to stand up for our rights and influence the legislature is important.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners. Any opinion I express on an issue should not be considered legal advice.

For those interested in establishing an NFA or Gun Trust click here. For my contact information click here. Follow me on Twitter @makowskilegal or my website www.makowskilegal.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ducryder View Post
    Building a personal relationship with legislators will help us introduce our own legislation. The hard part is actually writing up a piece of legislation that we'd like to get introduced. Once we have an idea of what they'll support we can tailor our proposal. We've got to start somewhere.
    Just me

Instructor: Basic Pistol, PPIH, PPOH, Hunter Safety
    NRA Life Member
    President of the Chippewa County Shooting Association

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyster View Post
    The idea is to meet with legislators, hopefully some of them being Democrats, to express the opinions of the public-at-large and particularly MGO members with regard to proposed legislation. Anything we can do to stand up for our rights and influence the legislature is important.
    Fair enough... how is it any different from calling/emailing/mailing my rep.? If every member did that it would probably have the same effect. Politicians who would come to such an event probably aren't going to be Democrats or RINOs, so calling/emailing/mailing those people "may" be more effective. The only benefit I see is identifying politicians who are already on our side to support.

What about political action like learning how to harvest votes just like the leftist gun grabbers have done in the last 2 elections? Finding poll watchers and lawyers to stop blatant cheating? I want to see Liberty minded people use the same types of "Lawfare" I see the leftist use.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast