Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    MGO Member
    His term ends on January 1st, He filled a vacancy in May 2022. I can't see any mention that he will will be back in the next term. Read some of his bills. He appears too radical even for the Democrats.

I am a Forum User
    [QUOTE=GreaseMonkeySRT;3392959]
    Quote Originally Posted by DTrain View Post

No he probably doesn't. But several thousand emails might.

Or just throw in the towel, don't do anything, which is pretty much what the gun community always does. Then the community wonders why our rights are constantly eroded. No one will take 3-5 minutes to send an email.
    Ok. I just sent him an email.
    I've also emailed my Republican representative and senator.
    Does any one have confirmation on his return next year?

MGO Member
    [QUOTE=DTrain;3393005]
    Quote Originally Posted by GreaseMonkeySRT View Post
    Ok. I just sent him an email.
    I've also emailed my Republican representative and senator.
    Does any one have confirmation on his return next year?
    He's not listed as winning any seat in the general election. He was only a fill in for a vacated seat since May 2022. His seat in the 15th district has been won by Erin Byrnes, a democrat. He won't be back.

Three more days.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    Three more days.
    Meaning?

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    I have a feeling that they are just testing the waters or the bill was put out to fulfill the politicians obligation to their backer

Either way we will make our voice heard

Quote Originally Posted by DTrain View Post
    Meaning?
    "sine die"

It is the concept of what happens to all open bills at the close of session, which is Thursday.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    "sine die"

It is the concept of what happens to all open bills at the close of session, which is Thursday.
    I hope so. I just read the language of the open carry bill too….it essentially kills all target shooting on state land that’s not at a sanctioned range….if we are left with anything to target shoot with…

Sine Die doesn’t prevent another similar bill from being immediately introduced later though.

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoTom View Post
    HB 6544 of 2022
    Weapons: other; possession or sale of assault weapons; prohibit.
    Last Action: 12/1/2022 bill electronically reproduced 12/01/2022
    Under this POS Bill, my Remington 742 is an 'assault weapon' because I installed a thumbhole stock to reduce the recoil impact on the artificial shoulder.

It's time for the sheep to quit being sheep.
    Life is too serious to take too seriously.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Celebrate Recovery! Member & Group Coach

I am a Forum User
    Response from my representative.

Thank you for contacting the Office of State Representative Luke Meerman regarding House Bill 6544.

Representative Meerman completely shares your thoughts on this bill. You are right when you say it is tyrannical and unconstitutional. Rep. Meerman would absolutely be voting against the bill if it were to come before him, but thankfully it will not even pass committee. Rep. Meerman will always vote against gun control legislation.

Thanks again for contacting the representative. Please do not hesitate to reach out to our office in the future.

Kind regards,
    Caden Hembrough
    Constituent Relations
    The Office of State Representative Luke Meerman

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast