Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Imshootin View Post

No, I don't see any resemblance at all.
    Very dangerous, Stay away!! I'd be careful of that Gorilla looking thing also!

Latest image from last night:

Name:  317813340_1516047295530032_728712599757330671_n.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  30.9 KB

Looks like you've solved your mystery animal question.
    I was wondering if that was a fat tail and not a rear leg in your first photo. That's probably his ear showing in front of the forward skinny tree. Big kitty.
    If you are better off than you were 4 years ago....................you are probably an ILLEGAL INVADER.

DNR would definitely be interested in hearing about your cougar/puma/whatever you want to call it sighting - especially that far south in Berrien county.
    They are now listed as an endangered species in Michigan and have only been spotted on 76 occasions since 2008.
    That number doesn’t necessarily mean there are 76 cougars in Michigan - a single animal may be included in more than one confirmed report and it's more likely there are roughly less than 2 dozen individuals.

As far as I know there has only been one (1) confirmed sighting in the lower peninsula since 2008.
    https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...wer-peninsula/

https://www2.dnr.state.mi.us/ORS/Survey/2
    Last edited by MCPO_SOCM_RET; 12-07-2022 at 11:54 AM.

Now that I'm looking at Google images of a cougar, I see the leg shape of the first image really matches up well.
    Last edited by SuedePflow; 12-07-2022 at 12:27 PM.

I am a Forum User
    Cougar, mountain lion, puma, all the same thing. And almost 100% what’s in your photos. Southern michigan has had a population for years even though the DNR has denied it. Even here, in 2017, there was a discussion about southern peninsula sightings https://www.migunowners.org/forum/sh...ghlight=Cougar

I am a Forum User
    Anyone think it could be a disproportionate picture of a house cat? That's got me stumped too I'm also very curious to know

Quote Originally Posted by _WAGOON View Post
    Anyone think it could be a disproportionate picture of a house cat? That's got me stumped too I'm also very curious to know
    I agree, that just looks like a well-fed cat to me. Unless the trees in the background are HUUUGE, there's no way that's an adult cougar.

How high is the camera above the ground? That would help establish perspective.

I am a Forum User
    When I lived close to traverse city mich. Me and a friend took pictures of tracks in the sand close to a small river , our boss told us to keep it to ourselves because if word got out , a couple of locals with dogs would go after it. We did just that AND we started to carry pistols with us . They are beautiful animals.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123