Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

1945 Winchester 94 fair to good condition

Hey Guys:
    My work buddy is looking at the above Winchester 94, circa 1945. Seller is asking $800. Any ideas on value? It is an in family sale.
    Thanks in Advance!
    Costanza
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.”

Chambered for?
    Barrel length? Round, octagonal?
    Original irons? Peep?
    Factory metal crescent moon buttplate?
    Saddle ring or not?
    Stamped "----NICKEL STEEL BARREL----" above ESPECIALLY FOR SMOKELESS POWDER?

etc...etc...etc...

WAG value....sure, $800 for a "good condition", unseen, basic info '45 M94 sounds about right

All good questions, sadly I do not know much about it. It is a 30-30, round barrel, but that's all know. No pics of markings or buttplate as far as I know... I'll see what else I can find out. Thanks for the questions/comments!
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.”

Quote Originally Posted by MCPO_SOCM_RET View Post
    Chambered for?
    Barrel length? Round, octagonal?
    Original irons? Peep?
    Factory metal crescent moon buttplate?
    Saddle ring or not?
    Stamped "----NICKEL STEEL BARREL----" above ESPECIALLY FOR SMOKELESS POWDER?

etc...etc...etc...

WAG value....sure, $800 for a "good condition", unseen, basic info '45 M94 sounds about right
    I zoomed in on a photo of the 94. Round barrel, no peep site, chambered in ".30 WCF" which became "30-30" in 1946. i've asked about barrel length and butt plate.

I am a Forum User
    Still have this? I’m looking for an old 94 in rougher shape for a cabin fireplace mantle decoration.
    If it’s in poor shape, maybe we can work something out.

MGO Member
    The WWII guns were commonly referred to as the flat band guns. production numbers were much lower. they typically command a premium. photos would help.

But that seems to be a low to fair price, for a low production year '94

MGO Member
    If your date of manufacture is correct, it is not a Flat Band Carbine. They were produced from July 1946 to December 1948.
    Stop The Robberies Enjoy Safe Streets / You can't argue with slaves that don't know they're shackled.