Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by VIGILANT View Post
    That would have been my pick if I had to do it over again. I had the dual illumination model. The open unsealed battery compartment on the LED model still bothers me. That and having to remove the site from the mount or gun to change the battery. They must work ok, they sell tons of them.
    I guessing they do sell a lot of all types; this is the first for me that doesn't have a cover where the battery is. Also, there is no mount, or plate on my slide. It's milled direct to the specs of the RMR. The slide becomes the backing plate.
    NRA Life member, NRARSO, Howell Gun Club member, MDFI Alum 2019 & 2020, 2023 GOA Life Member. MGO life member.

In Memoriam Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by XDM 40 cal View Post
    I guessing they do sell a lot of all types; this is the first for me that doesn't have a cover where the battery is. Also, there is no mount, or plate on my slide. It's milled direct to the specs of the RMR. The slide becomes the backing plate.
    If your slide is slightly narrower than the RMR base it may leak. There is an optional "Sealing Plate" you can get to resolve that issue.

https://www.trijicon.com/products/details/rm63

https://www.amazon.com/Trijicon-RMR-.../dp/B07VF86CST

https://www.opticsplanet.com/trijico...ing-plate.html

Thanks for the links, I don't think they will work with ATEi Machine work.
    NRA Life member, NRARSO, Howell Gun Club member, MDFI Alum 2019 & 2020, 2023 GOA Life Member. MGO life member.

In Memoriam Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by XDM 40 cal View Post
    Thanks for the links, I don't think they will work with ATEi Machine work.
    Maybe there is some kind of temporary/removable sealent you could use that would peal off when you change the battery. Be careful using silicon however as a lot of it is very acidic!

From a Google search:

"Most silicone sealants release acetic acid while curing. This gives off a characteristic vinegar-like smell. In some circumstances, this odour may very undesirable but more importantly the acetic acid may have a negative impact on the materials being sealed and this is what brings us to this article."

"What is the difference between acidic and neutral cure silicone?
    Acetoxy Silicone (Acid) is a sealant that releases acetate/ acetic acid during the curing process. This sealant generally known as a strong smell like vinegar. While Cure Neutral Silicone is a substance that releases alcohol or is not acidic during the curing process. This sealant does not smell.Aug 14, 2018"

Maybe ATEi can make a suggestion.

I am a Forum User
    I think Trijicon is a great company with a wonderful product and it’s produced right here in Michigan..

But holosun has a great product and it’s sometimes half the price..

It’s not an easy decision

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12