Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

870 ejector 12ga 2 3/4" and 3"

I am in need of a ejector, as far as I kno I can't use a 3" only spring if there is such a thing. Also all the sites I checked have none in stock in 12ga. Several 20ga...

Looking for a personal sale possibly if someone if willing, or if someone has a good lead for me. Appreciate the help. And anyone out there drilled and tapped their reciever to "permanently fix" this problem in place of the rivets?

Thanks again
    Dan

remarms.com or 1-844-remarms

I don't know what problem you're trying to permanently fix. A bad spring or broken rivet or ejector? Either way, that entire group isn't meant to be user serviceable.
    I definitely would not drill/tap to replace the rivets.

...and not sure what you mean about the 3" spring. Unless you have a super mag (3-1/2"), but the spring is still the same in a 2-3/4 & 3" as a super mag - the ejectors are specific (2-3/4" only, 2-3/4" & 3", and super mag 3-1/2")

I am a Forum User
    Appreciate the reply. Remington itself is no help whatsoever. Ebay, midway, mid south, Chattanooga,
    numerich, or brownellswhich was my first thought although maybe not the best option for pricing. But I thought they would have it, they do not. Noone does. Also wondering if anyone can answer why Remington doesn't keep stock for the most common failure for one of their most popular guns...? The front rivet hole blew threw completely. I already have the gun ready for a new ejector to be installed. I'd even reuse my spring. Just need the case or the actual ejector. Whatever part actually gets riveted into the reciever that goes a tiny bit into the barrel extension.

Just trying to fix the 870 to working order nothing else.

Again thanks.

I am a Forum User
    Interesting failure. try Joint Force Enterprises. I dont have any experience with them. Never heard of them.....

https://jfeusa.com/F18855/

MGO Member
    Stop The Robberies Enjoy Safe Streets / You can't argue with slaves that don't know they're shackled.

Interesting failure indeed. The rivet pulled through the ejector? Never hear of that one before.

I've shot the bejeezus out of my 2 870's over many many years (special purpose and an express) and just completely tore them both down to look at what you're talking about.
    Nothing looks awry with either. All 4 rivets are flush, nice and tight, no slop, play or rattle.

My last place that I usually check is Bob's Gun Shop in Arkansas (just google it). The ordering process is a bit quirky and they usually cost more than other places, but you'd be surprised at what they can get their hands on - and it may take a little longer to get out of production parts to your door.

I am a Forum User
    Though not specifically a do-it yourself, I'd suggest either calling & talking to Doug Jones, or stopping in his shop to show him your issue.
    Doug has managed to fix everything I've had that needed to be addressed, either found old parts, or used something from his parts stash
    that he could alter to work, to fix the problem. He's done the same for my friends. Don't think he'll charge you, to look at
    & address how the problem can be fixed.. if he does the fix,you'll be impressed with his modest charge.
    That's been my experience.
    Doug was a machinist, before he got into gunsmithing, so he knows how to fabricate parts, when needed.

I am a Forum User
    Gun is still sitting much appreciate all the replies if I'm late to get back to this thread. I may go the ebay option. But $40 is excessive to say the least. If anyone could fabricate this part at low volume like 5-7 of them I would be very intrested Even a one off at a lower cost than $40 would have my attention.

Yes I realize I wasn't very clear on the situation of the failure. The ejector was loose only from the rear pin front pin still in reciever not attached to ejector. Wiggly wobblely. Current status, disassembled can save spring just need ejector.

Thank you thank you everyone!

I am a Forum User
    I thought Brownell's used to sell a kit with a drill and tap for a more permanent fix but I can't find it now. IMHO it will probably be easiest to just take it to a smith unless you want to buy the rivet cutting tool and rivet stake tool.