Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Forshame! Haha. We like guns, what's wrong with that? Looking ain't cheating - just don't leave the safe open while browsing.

MGO Member
    Only 1911 I've ever owned was a Kimber Grand Raptor. It shot great but I ended up selling it to fund another project. 1911's are cool, just not sure they are for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jailer View Post
    Only 1911 I've ever owned was a Kimber Grand Raptor. It shot great but I ended up selling it to fund another project. 1911's are cool, just not sure they are for me.
    1911's, Mopeds, and chubby chics; nobody questions they are fun, but they just ain't for everyone.
    Life is too serious to take too seriously.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Celebrate Recovery! Member & Group Coach

Quote Originally Posted by Ol` Joe View Post
    No MSRP given, I guess if you have to ask…
    The 1911 market is pretty well saturated today in all price points
    I say 1500 or 1550 in a blog yesterday. If they are that much I would default to a dan Wesson.

MGO Member
    Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    I say 1500 or 1550 in a blog yesterday. If they are that much I would default to a dan Wesson.
    I agree.

While it’s nice to see a 1911 introduction with atypical and unique machine work (I like it quite a bit), for $1500 a DW with known superb quality could be had. For $1200 it’s swinging with the Sig offerings, which are also a known good product. Savage, while a great company, just doesn’t have the 1911 history to trust yet at this price point. Sig stumbled pretty good with the GSR, but the next generation was fantastic once the learning curve was settled.

I’m a big fan of Savage’s style, but it will be a waiting game to see if it’s on par with Sig or Rock Island.

I am a Forum User
    I’m honestly thinking about shorting their stock now, because the cost to enter that market has to expensive and I don’t think they generate the capital to stay in business

Quote Originally Posted by Fuel Fire Desire View Post
    I agree.

While it’s nice to see a 1911 introduction with atypical and unique machine work (I like it quite a bit), for $1500 a DW with known superb quality could be had. For $1200 it’s swinging with the Sig offerings, which are also a known good product. Savage, while a great company, just doesn’t have the 1911 history to trust yet at this price point. Sig stumbled pretty good with the GSR, but the next generation was fantastic once the learning curve was settled.

I’m a big fan of Savage’s style, but it will be a waiting game to see if it’s on par with Sig or Rock Island.
    One more in agreement, I’ve a Dan Wesson and love it.
    I’ve enough $1000-$1500 street priced 1911s. If ever break down and buy and 1911 it will be a step or two up in price if I find one I feel is worth it. That DW is a hard one to beat. JMHO
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

Quote Originally Posted by nrich1979 View Post
    I’m honestly thinking about shorting their stock now, because the cost to enter that market has to expensive and I don’t think they generate the capital to stay in business
    They will be fine its all CNC stuff now, a couple smiths putting them together its no big deal. I do not think they are trying to sell 50,000 of them every year.

I think its smart for the brand fan boys, the loyal customers will buy you ar15, 1911, they should make a 870 clone or 500 clone as well. Should sell a 10/22 clone also. People will buy them.

I am a Forum User
    I've posted this before..

I've had a couple Dan Wesson's ( A CBOB in 45, & a Guardian in 9mm) and yes, they are nice, well built 1911's.
    I sold the Guardian after buying a Bul Armory 9mm ( Cmdr. sized) and I'd compare the Bul favorably to a Dan Wesson, in quality of materials, workmanship,fit & finish, and this @ a much better price than a Dan Wesson. Bul has more features @ a better price point.

I didn't like the aluminum frame on the Guardian, I prefer the weight of the SS frame on the Bul..+ I shoot it better.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast