Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: NFA wait times

MGO Member Forum User

NFA wait times

So much for the ATF reducing NFA processing times to 180 days. When I submitted my two F4’s (trust) in early May, they were saying 7 mos. Now at the 7 month mark, they’re saying 8 mos.

I suppose it’s still better than the 12 months my F1 (suppressor) took a few years ago but still...

I am a Forum User
    I received my suppressor exactly 12 months after purchasing. I'll tell ya, shaving off 4 months would have been great =)

SW of Grand Rapids, surrounded by chickens, Detroit some weekends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sclark View Post
    So much for the ATF reducing NFA processing times to 180 days. When I submitted my two F4’s (trust) in early May, they were saying 7 mos. Now at the 7 month mark, they’re saying 8 mos.

I suppose it’s still better than the 12 months my F1 (suppressor) took a few years ago but still...
    Unfortunately most of us will be happy with some reduction in the previous wait times, it’s complete BS, but it is what it is at this point.

FWIW, with the announcement of eform 4’s the ATF promised 90 days, but aside from a few early cases and some outliers, they never delivered and they have gradually announced increased times from 90 days to 180+ days. On the positive side, while paper form 4’s had stalled when efforts started, they have seemed to picked back up and decreased, so if that’s the price eforms has to pay to forward the cause of it negatively effecting paper forms, then so be it I guess. Until paper forms fall off to the point they don’t really have an impact on the system and hopefully eforms will get back down to 90 days or so.
    “Cui prodest?” Lucius Annaeus Seneca

MGO Member

Wow that's crazy! My Form 1 only took 11 days!

MGO Member

My understanding as to why this is is happening, according to two different friends at two different dealers, is Silencer Shop stopped submitting most of their paperwork in October, November, and December of 2021 and were working on everything to go digital -- knowing the new system was coming and hoping the new system would just get everyones suppressors done in the 3 month period. They then dropped months of sales at the same time. This creating a massive back log right out of the gate. Not sure how accurate it is but it would make sense, as I know plenty of people who did one right when the new system started and they were approved within like 30-60 days.

I did one on 4-8 and just got approval 12-28.

I am a Forum User
    my form 4 paper for suppressor took just over a year, but did 2 form 1s this year. first one took 56 days for a short barrel shotgun second took 13 days for a sbr.

will be doing an efile form 4 soon, hopefully it doesnt take a year

I am a Forum User
    Was at my local silencer ship dealer and they said they are just starting to get back form 4s from April. That makes me think I MAY see my 2 in March if I'm lucky.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Was at my local silencer ship dealer and they said they are just starting to get back form 4s from April. That makes me think I MAY see my 2 in March if I'm lucky.
    How late in April were you? I got mine 3 weeks ago from an early April form. I just did one in December for another can - I don't anticipate seeing that until the fall at the current pace.

What are the wait times for a Form 1 SBR now?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by quick86 View Post
    How late in April were you? I got mine 3 weeks ago from an early April form. I just did one in December for another can - I don't anticipate seeing that until the fall at the current pace.
    I was mid June, that's why I'm not expecting anything before March.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast