Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ed Brown 1911 Magazine Exchange

I just came across this: Ed Brown Products is offering a 1911 magazine exchange program. You send them an old 1911 mag and $10 (or $15 for a black nitride mag), and they will send you a new one, on a one-for-one basis, up to 20 mags. Shipping is $15 extra.

The reviews are good for these mags, so I am considering this, especially since I have a few older GI mags that have seen better days. But, before I do, I thought I would check in with the MGO community first. Has anyone used Ed Brown mags?
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

The only experience I have with Ed Brown is with a handgun of his an acquaintance has I’ve shot some. Judging by the quality of his handguns I’d expect the magazines he offers to be as high quantity as any.
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

I am a Forum User
    I've used their 7 and 8 round stainless 45 acp magazines. Well constructed and trouble free magazines. Their exchange program seems like a very good deal.If I had some shabby old magazines I would definitely consider this.

I am a Forum User
    I have a high degree of faith in their firearms because of the their quality..

I’d probably be willing to try their magazines

Once you factor shipping and the mag price it seems to be a wash to me. They are good mags the deal just seems to be about the same as just buying new ones to me.

Quote Originally Posted by lcpnut View Post
    Once you factor shipping and the mag price it seems to be a wash to me. They are good mags the deal just seems to be about the same as just buying new ones to me.
    If only swapping out a couple, yeah, maybe at a slight loss.
    But if you're going for 8 or more, it's a darn good deal.
    Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it. Ronald Reagan

Gotta be somebody need some killin
    Major Benson Winifred Payne

brownells has them for 27 plus shipping so if you have 5 or 6 I would definitely do it.

I have only shot ed brown never owned one, it was really nice. A friend has a couple of them. I would trust the mags. He has been shooting ed brown stuff among his many 1911s for a long time, only good things I have heard.

If you were buying new full price the 1911 guys always say try Wilson combat mags if your other brand especially cheap 1911 is having problems.

But at this price go for it.

I am a Forum User
    pay once and cry once .. for 1911 in all calibers my go to mags are Tripp Research or Wilson combat.. Never look at anything else.. Magazines failure are notorious for ruining a fun day at the range or in a competition running a 1911.

I ordered 10 - and they come with a no questions asked lifetime warranty.
    There wasn't a shipping charge...maybe because it was over $100 ??? I won't complain.

WoW
    Shouldn’t this be in “Found a Deal”?
    "My gun is not illegal, it's just undocumented!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast