Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am a Forum User
    You try it your way and I'll try it my way and we can compare notes after. In theory what you said should work. I take the extra 3 seconds to put the RI060 in my file cabinet to provide backup to my story if it's needed.

Call me paranoid, but I keep all of the hard copies of RI-060's. Also have a copy on my PC & one on a thumb drive I keep in my safe deposit box that I update periodically. Covers all of the bases for me. You are welcome to toss yours in the trash.
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

LIFE MEMBER OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST FRATERNITY

71 AND COUNTING

I don't keep copies, half the guys I've sold to have out of state licenses anyways so I'm still last registered er, I mean sold to...

*** clarification for the 3 letter agencies, They have a Michigan and an Arizona Carry license for example***

Quote Originally Posted by Blue XJ View Post
    You try it your way and I'll try it my way and we can compare notes after. In theory what you said should work. I take the extra 3 seconds to put the RI060 in my file cabinet to provide backup to my story if it's needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by DEVIL DOG View Post
    Call me paranoid, but I keep all of the hard copies of RI-060's. Also have a copy on my PC & one on a thumb drive I keep in my safe deposit box that I update periodically. Covers all of the bases for me. You are welcome to toss yours in the trash.
    I always found it a bit hypocritical for gun guys to oppose gun registration, but then also willingly keep detailed records and happily hand them over upon request. To each their own, I suppose.

Once purchased, the pistol is “in your name” forever. The pistol never gets disposed like on an actual registry when it leaves your possession (NFA). If the new owner you sold it to doesn’t want to register it and wants to take the big risk of a $250 civil infraction if caught, the MSP will go back to the last person to register its transfer (you) if found in a crime. That said, we have no duty to retain the sellers copy of the RI-60, so all that needs to be said is it was sold.

I’m a good little boy and RI-60 everything I buy and sell. In 20 years I’ve yet to get a call asking about a pistol I once purchased, or have had a SN run to verify registration during a stop. Whether or not the new owner properly sends in his copy of the RI-60 is out of my control. Even when I worked at a large FFL, I can’t recall any instance of a local or MSP LEO asking for records. BATFE, sure, but I was too low level to work with the BATFE, so I assume those contacts were more audit related.

I am a Forum User
    I had Livonia PD run me a couple of years ago and they did a Sort that only showed guns that didn't have an owner after me. It was off by two. One was a gun that S&W had destroyed and the other was one that I'd sold to an LEO and he told me that he turned in the form, so I'm not worried...not that I ever was.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12