Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

NFA SBR how do you do it - in regard to the new brace ruling

For the purpose of this post I'd like to stay on point and not have any of the usual hyperbole of not bending a knee and it's a trap.

I saw in the NFA forum a form 4 explanation https://www.migunowners.org/forum/sh...Trust-LLC-Corp, something like that for a form 1 would be amazingly helpful for people who have never done it.
    What I would like to have here, is a clear and concise step by step of what needs to be done to be compliant as an individual not a LLC/Corp/Trust because the brace rule appears directed towards filing as an individual. Including where it can be done (ie. like the silencershop has a kiosk for silencers is there one for SBR's? If there is what, dealers have them?) If you are in a township without a police chief what do you do for that requirement? I saw in the NFA section a list of CLEO by county but there are a few places missing like townships? A lot of the posts in the NFA section are several years old so not certain if the information is still current?
    Help is much appreciated!

Regards

I am a Forum User
    Agreed. Would be nice to have a write up of the steps for someone navigating this process for the first time.

Seems like it would be a different process with the new brace ruling, as there is not supposed to be a $200 tax with required.

"My gun is not illegal, it's just undocumented!"

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Jack View Post
    For the purpose of this post I'd like to stay on point and not have any of the usual hyperbole of not bending a knee and it's a trap.

I saw in the NFA forum a form 4 explanation https://www.migunowners.org/forum/sh...Trust-LLC-Corp, something like that for a form 1 would be amazingly helpful for people who have never done it.
    What I would like to have here, is a clear and concise step by step of what needs to be done to be compliant as an individual not a LLC/Corp/Trust because the brace rule appears directed towards filing as an individual. Including where it can be done (ie. like the silencershop has a kiosk for silencers is there one for SBR's? If there is what, dealers have them?) If you are in a township without a police chief what do you do for that requirement? I saw in the NFA section a list of CLEO by county but there are a few places missing like townships? A lot of the posts in the NFA section are several years old so not certain if the information is still current?
    Help is much appreciated!

Regards
    I found this to be one of the easiest guides: https://www.reddit.com/r/NFA/comment...e_for_the_atf/
    MGO Member
    Ragnarok Arms, LLC in Saline, MI- Type 1 FFL
    www.ragnarokarms.com

Or you could hold off on doing any of this and wait for it to get overturned.
    That way you're not adding to the list of people doing this essentially giving the AFT validation that this is a legal move by a non-elected entity.
    Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it. Ronald Reagan

Gotta be somebody need some killin
    Major Benson Winifred Payne

This was posted in another thread. I think you would watch it before SBR'ing your Braced Pistol under the new ruling. It changed my mind.

https://youtu.be/DggOmUXxVWY