Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MGO Member

Sbr/ trust question

So with this new ruling if I want to add sbrs to my trust can I use the new "free" loop hole and form 1 or do I have to form 4

Sorry for the ignorance, I have several suppressors on the trust would like to add my pistols I have to sbr over to it instead of to me only as the individual.

Thanks

Edit 01/19/2023...
    This pop-up is no longer on the ATF eFile site.

This pops up when you start the game
    Attachment 117699
    Last edited by CV67PAT; 01-19-2023 at 03:29 PM.
    "My gun is not illegal, it's just undocumented!"

What documentation are they referring to? Just the assignment sheet?

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator Shyster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SuedePflow View Post
    What documentation are they referring to? Just the assignment sheet?
    YUP
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners. Any opinion I express on an issue should not be considered legal advice.

For those interested in establishing an NFA or Gun Trust click here. For my contact information click here. Follow me on Twitter @makowskilegal or my website www.makowskilegal.com

Quote Originally Posted by Shyster View Post
    YUP
    My assignment sheet is full of hand-written entries. I suppose anything can be written in with any date. Seems pointless for them to fuss about this.

MGO Member
    So the trust had to have owned the pistols prior 1/13? Is this how im to understand it?

Quote Originally Posted by buckpula View Post
    So the trust had to have owned the pistols prior 1/13? Is this how im to understand it?
    Correct.

And what stops anyone from backdating entries?

MGO Member
    I guess the ri60 forms correct? For the trust to own wouldn't one have to transfer it over? Could see one lost in the mail but multiple would he hard to prove? I'm definitely not well versus in any of this just trying not to break any bs rules

SW of Grand Rapids, surrounded by chickens, Detroit some weekends.
    Quote Originally Posted by buckpula View Post
    I guess the ri60 forms correct? For the trust to own wouldn't one have to transfer it over? Could see one lost in the mail but multiple would he hard to prove? I'm definitely not well versus in any of this just trying not to break any bs rules
    RI-60’s are a Michigan record, you’d include your listing of trust assets with your Federal filing for your Form 1. The two aren’t really connected, and I’m not sure the ATF goes asking MSP for that type of info?

Additionally, and I think Shyster has commented on this previously-if I’m remembering correctly, that due to the personal ownership restrictions in Michigan and the RI-60’s, an authorized individual has to always maintain ownership of pistols in Michigan. That said they can be listed as assets on a trust, just not legally registered and transferred to it because it is not a person per Michigan law. So in essence you can list all your guns on your NFA trust, but the RI-60 transfer of ownership will always have to list a (the last) person to own the pistols.
    “Cui prodest?” Lucius Annaeus Seneca

MGO Member
    Thank you kind sir i think this anwsers the question

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast