Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Thread: Gunsmith needed

I am a Forum User

Gunsmith needed

Folks, I have 4 different rifles that I need some help with. One of them is a 100 yo Marlin model 39. In the past I have had good luck with Pat (Mo) Morris from Dexter but I have been unable to make contact with him using the number I have. Anyone have a recommendation for a good smith or know how to contact Pat? Thanks

I am a Forum User
    you didn't mention your location, but I use Doug Jones, in Rochester Hills, since I discovered him.
    He's fixed pistols, & rifles for me, shotguns for a few friends. Haven't found an issue that he didn't know how to fix.
    Watched him rebuilding old rifles & pistols, even fabricate parts he couldn't find for old firearms.
    Doug's years as a machinist , before becoming a gunsmith ,certainly didn't hurt his skill development.
    If you read "need a gunsmith" threads on this site, you'll see that I'm not alone in suggesting him to others
    for needed repairs or modification for a variety of firearms.

I am a Forum User
    Another vote for Doug Jones. He’s done right by me.

MGO Member
    For a cowboy gun, you might try The Cowboy way in Lapeer. Cowboy action shooter with a good amount of knowledge on lever guns.
    810 245 7040
    I aim to misbehave ~Malcolm Reynolds
    Favorite Shooting Podcast

MGO Member
    Dick Williams in Saginaw. Great work and reasonable prices.

I am a Forum User
    What guns and what needs to be done are important. Some gunsmith have certain specialties and some things can be done by about anyone.

I am a Forum User
    Thanks fellas, I am in Romulus-Metro Airport.