Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Shipping pistol to out of state FFL

Wondering if anyone recently (especially after the change in shipping handguns thru Fed Ex etc.) had occasion to ship a pistol to another state, where they had it done and how how much it cost?

Thank you
    Last edited by PeeDee; 01-19-2023 at 09:11 PM.

MGO Member
    For a handgun your option is basically UPS next day air. Also, make sure to include a copy of your drivers license in the shipment and ensure the receiving FFL will take firearms from a private individual as not all of them will.

You can also go to a local FFL and do it as FFL's have cheaper options for shipping. For us we charge $20 plus the shipping price and it will always be cheaper than doing it yourself using UPS next day air.
    Patriot Wholesale Direct LLC - FFL Dealer
    40 Engelwood Dr Ste A Lake Orion, MI (M-F 10am-5pm) - PWDGuns.com - ( 248 ) 481-7083
    $20 FFL Transfer - Guns@PatriotWholesaleDirect.com - Contact us for a quote on a new gun!
    Glock Stocking Dealer & Glock Blue Label Dealer • $20 Transfer Fee

I thot not just any FFL could ship the pistol unless that FFL had a 'special account' with the shipper and also that UPS would not ship for a private citizen? (Or was this only with FedEx?)

(I couldn't find out what USPS criteria were but I am leery of shipping thru them in regard to 'theft' and wasn't sure USPS could overnight or 2 day ship)

Whole issue seems quite befuddling.

I appreciate your response.

MGO Member
    cant ship guns unless ffl with the special account cant take guns to any customer counter buddy tried to ship mauser stock nope gun parts i got the special account works but a pain

Quote Originally Posted by mr44 View Post
    cant ship guns unless ffl with the special account cant take guns to any customer counter buddy tried to ship mauser stock nope gun parts i got the special account works but a pain
    Might there be a list somewhere of FFL's who have those 'special accounts?'

I'm thinking may stop @ FedEx on Hall Rd to see if they have such a list

(Might be safer and nearly as cheap to simply drive it to SC this spring!)
    ((Before they pass another law that I need a 'common carrier' D/L and insurance to do so))

Thanks for answering

PS - Re: stocks: They're selling them en masse on eBay right now; other gun parts too.
    Last edited by PeeDee; 01-20-2023 at 12:22 PM. Reason: PS

I'm not really clear on some of the replies, but an FFL can (and almost all do) ship handguns via USPS

Go to a local FFL, it will save you time and money.

MGO Member
    Sorry forgot about UPS as I think they did change as well to be with Fedex. We have it on our account. Mostly all handguns for us (and I would assume the vast majority of FFL) go though USPS 2/3 day service.

We've never had an issue shipping firearm through UPS or USPS.
    Patriot Wholesale Direct LLC - FFL Dealer
    40 Engelwood Dr Ste A Lake Orion, MI (M-F 10am-5pm) - PWDGuns.com - ( 248 ) 481-7083
    $20 FFL Transfer - Guns@PatriotWholesaleDirect.com - Contact us for a quote on a new gun!
    Glock Stocking Dealer & Glock Blue Label Dealer • $20 Transfer Fee