Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: .360 Buckhammer

.360 Buckhammer

Anyone know if this will be legal for Zone 3?
    Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it. Ronald Reagan

Gotta be somebody need some killin
    Major Benson Winifred Payne

I am a Forum User
    From the limited info I found, yes. It’s a 358 bullet, and looks like it has a case length of 1.8”

It’s designed to be legal in states with limits on cartridges. The case meets the std of no more than 1.80” in length and straight walled. It drives same weight bullets almost 200 fps faster then the 350 plus is a true 35 cal allowing a reloaded to use any .358” bullet he desires.

My only thought is they could do better than only offering it in Henry lever actions. A bolt or single shot would sell better IMO and one of their Marlin levers if they just have to stay with that action would make for a nicer although more expensive rifle.
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

MGO Member
    This is what the 350 Legend should have been. 9mm/.355 bullets were a dumb idea. Why try to "re-engineer" a .355 bullet, when there are already hundreds of .358 rifle bullets.
    Stop The Robberies Enjoy Safe Streets / You can't argue with slaves that don't know they're shackled.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by john.41 View Post
    This is what the 350 Legend should have been. 9mm/.355 bullets were a dumb idea. Why try to "re-engineer" a .355 bullet, when there are already hundreds of .358 rifle bullets.
    Except the 350L is a rimless cartridge and able to be used in a semi auto i.e AR. The 360 BH is a rimmed cartridge suitable for levers and bolts. I really don't see the 360 going anywhere what with the price of lever guns these days.
    No man made law physically prevents one from doing anything they have a mind to.

Quote Originally Posted by Ol` Joe View Post
    It’s designed to be legal in states with limits on cartridges. The case meets the std of no more than 1.80” in length and straight walled. It drives same weight bullets almost 200 fps faster then the 350 plus is a true 35 cal allowing a reloaded to use any .358” bullet he desires.

My only thought is they could do better than only offering it in Henry lever actions. A bolt or single shot would sell better IMO and one of their Marlin levers if they just have to stay with that action would make for a nicer although more expensive rifle.
    I can get behind this idea.
    Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it. Ronald Reagan

Gotta be somebody need some killin
    Major Benson Winifred Payne

I don't think that this caliber will be limited to Henry levers.

I see it in a light bolt gun as a great option for those in areas that require the straight wall config. to bridge the gap between other options on the market.

Mark

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Garymac View Post
    Except the 350L is a rimless cartridge and able to be used in a semi auto i.e AR. The 360 BH is a rimmed cartridge suitable for levers and bolts. I really don't see the 360 going anywhere what with the price of lever guns these days.
    It's not all about the money. Some people just like to hunt with a nice woodstocked, traditional rifle. I'd love a Marlin 1894 in it.

MGO Member
    The .358 bullet is what I was speaking of. Pretty sure there are "rimless" caliber bolt guns.
    Last edited by john.41; 01-20-2023 at 06:51 PM.
    Stop The Robberies Enjoy Safe Streets / You can't argue with slaves that don't know they're shackled.

it will be less successful but anyone in restricted states looking at a marlin or winchester or henry will surely be eyeing this. Its close enough to 30-30.

Its a legislated solution and answer but any young guy buying his first rifle I think a lot will look at lever actions, it is a feasible answer. A lot will just buy 350 ruger American if all they care about is money.

But if they have a lil more cash, a lil more style I think new ruger run marlin can crank out some nice lever actions this gets you in the game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast