Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Tinney Alpha Competition Trigger for Glock

Few questions

1. Anybody running one of these

2. What do you think of it

3. How easy was installation

4. Do you think the trigger is too light for EDC

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by michiganfan View Post
    Few questions

1. Anybody running one of these

2. What do you think of it

3. How easy was installation

4. Do you think the trigger is too light for EDC

Thanks
    I had a Gen 5 that I ended up getting rid of, consistently got light primer strikes regardless of ammo. Could barely get through a magazine. Contacted Timney and they sent a replacement, slightly better but still had light primer strikes. I thought it might've been a little light for EDC but no amount of trigger weight is going to offset good trigger discipline. It was the fact that I couldn't get through a mag without a problem that made me think it wasn't great for EDC lol.

And before anyone blames me or my gun:
    -This was a totally OEM G19X, no aftermarket connector, no aftermarket trigger bar, no aftermarket striker or spring, etc.
    -I've totally torn down and reassembled multiple Glocks, I've replaced multiple components in multiple Glocks, I am very comfortable working on the platform and following their instructions precisely on installation. It's a Glock, it's not like you're handfitting 1911 parts together. I have a high degree of confidence working with the platform. This is a gun that I have never had light primer strikes or any sort of malfunction in until I tried the Timney trigger and the guys at my local shop did not have much positive to say about it either when I relayed my experience.

Edit: as far as ease of install, it was slightly more complex than replacing a standard Glock trigger but if you've taken apart/replaced a Glock trigger assembly before, you can install a Timney. It's like a 10 min job max.
    MGO Member
    Ragnarok Arms, LLC in Saline, MI- Type 1 FFL
    www.ragnarokarms.com

Have 2:
    One is stock and on a Gen 5 G19
    One is worked over by Johnny Glock and on a Gen 5 G17.

Don't recommend them at all. I had to replace the striker with a heavier 6lb to get any type of reliable ignition. The firing pin was barely dimpling the primers.
    When they work they are phenomenal, but to make them reliable the heavier spring was needed. Course the heavier spring just made it marginally, if any, better than other after market triggers.
    My advice- stick with either Apex or Overwatch Precision. I have multiples of those on various Glocks and have had 0 issues in 10,000's of rounds.
    Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it. Ronald Reagan

Gotta be somebody need some killin
    Major Benson Winifred Payne

Oh, and avoid Johnny Glock's smithing service for any trigger.
    His triggers you buy directly are really good, but don't send him one to work on.
    Took him 6 months to get mine back and he sent me someone else's. And 'forgot' to send back some other stuff.
    Then he blamed it all on Timney.
    Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it. Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by pscipio03 View Post
    Have 2:
    One is stock and on a Gen 5 G19
    One is worked over by Johnny Glock and on a Gen 5 G17.

Don't recommend them at all. I had to replace the striker with a heavier 6lb to get any type of reliable ignition. The firing pin was barely dimpling the primers.
    When they work they are phenomenal, but to make them reliable the heavier spring was needed. Course the heavier spring just made it marginally, if any, better than other after market triggers.
    My advice- stick with either Apex or Overwatch Precision. I have multiples of those on various Glocks and have had 0 issues in 10,000's of rounds.
    How do you like the Overwatch vs the Apex? I was thinking of an Overwatch for my Shadow Systems.
    MGO Member
    Ragnarok Arms, LLC in Saline, MI- Type 1 FFL
    www.ragnarokarms.com

I am a Forum User
    Avoid the Timney. If you want something similar, grab one of the new oem Glock performance triggers. It's a very similar design as the timney, but Glock "perfected" the design and execution. I have 2 on the way after fingering them at SHOT show this past week. There's lots of potential with that trigger system.

Quote Originally Posted by castrotikon View Post
    How do you like the Overwatch vs the Apex? I was thinking of an Overwatch for my Shadow Systems.
    Big fan of both.
    The Overwatch is lighter but the Apex is more crisp.
    Can’t go wrong with either