Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ely View Post
    This pistol is stamped 27 with no dash. And smith sent me paper work stating it was shipped in 1961. It is a nickel finish with 3.5 barrel. Sn S2100xx
    So, I'd guess it was made in 1960 before the -1 change, then shipped in 1961.

I have a blued 3.5", don't care for Nickle plated Smiths....because I shoot mine.
    Stop The Robberies Enjoy Safe Streets / You can't argue with slaves that don't know they're shackled.

In Memoriam Forum User
    This pistol is stamped 27 with no dash. And smith sent me paper work stating it was shipped in 1961. It is a nickel finish with 3.5 barrel. Sn S2100xx
    Lucky you! I've seen some of those go for a lot of money, some people just have to have it!

In Memoriam Forum User
    [duplicate]

MGO Member
    This market would bring about $1,200. Scarce and desirable revolver.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcat989 View Post
    This market would bring about $1,200. Scarce and desirable revolver.
    So she’s a 1960 model then right ?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by john.41 View Post
    So, I'd guess it was made in 1960 before the -1 change, then shipped in 1961.

I have a blued 3.5", don't care for Nickle plated Smiths....because I shoot mine.
    I shoot this old gal to and because of the buckle ya can’t really see the mark on the cylinder from the movement like you can on my blued pistols.

I just received paper work from smith stating this pistol was shipped to Willams Sight in the summer of 61 along with 3 other 3.5 nickel 27’s.
    Smith collectors would call that your "born on date" which is pretty much going to be about as good as it gets for the manufacture date. The actual assembly dates were kept on the floor - Smith only tracked when it left the factory, as far as I know - unless they've started digitizing or compiling the floor managers records now.

So she’s a 1960 model then right ?
    A 27 (no dash) could possibly have been assembled anytime between September/October 57 (when they started stamping 27's) up through and into the start of 27-1 production (from leftover parts).

A born on date of 61 for a "no-dash" is a bit questionable - to me at least. Possibly a return for repair sent back out in '61? Who knows.
    Only S&W would give you that info - for a fee. Last time I heard of someone requesting the full background (which would show that) it was about $75. As opposed to a general born on date inquiry from you to Smith which will only tell you the last time it left the factory.

I gotta tell you that a 3-1/2 no dash 27 would be closer to 2K.
    US Army
    NRA member
    USPSA Chief Range Officer & NRA RSO
    NRA CPL instructor- group and private
    Private firearm instructions

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 71commander View Post
    I gotta tell you that a 3-1/2 no dash 27 would be closer to 2K.
    In perfect condition, with box, tools and documents at auction.....you are not wrong.
    Stop The Robberies Enjoy Safe Streets / You can't argue with slaves that don't know they're shackled.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12