Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

1961 S&W 27 3.5 nickel

Hey y’all, so I picked up a great looking 1961 3.5in no dash model 27 and when I was sent a photo of it I thought it was a 29 I mean it is a huge pistol lol any way I cant find much as far as a price on it on the web so I’m asking the “pros” for a bit of help. I don’t have the box or any paper work but I do have OG grips and this little fella is a great looking pistol. Thanks for any help or leads on finding an idea on value.

MGO Member
    Not enough information about condition, serial # pre-fix, are grips numbered to gun?

This one sold on GB on 1/01/2023 and was about as cheap as you would find.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/962919999
    Stop The Robberies Enjoy Safe Streets / You can't argue with slaves that don't know they're shackled.

Marketplace Moderator
    Look here. Good info.
    https://truegunvalue.com/pistol/smit...ical-value-206
    I use this all the time to find values of guns

I am a Forum User
    I just received paper work from smith stating this pistol was shipped to Willams Sight in the summer of 61 along with 3 other 3.5 nickel 27’s. And I have checked the above sights (thank you) but I can’t find a no dash 3.5in nickel being sold or has been sold.

In Memoriam Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ely View Post
    I just received paper work from smith stating this pistol was shipped to Willams Sight in the summer of 61 along with 3 other 3.5 nickel 27’s. And I have checked the above sights (thank you) but I can’t find a no dash 3.5in nickel being sold or has been sold.
    It's possible it's been re-barreled. The 3.5" 27's always fetched a lot more money over the years. I've owned 6" and 8-3/8" models, awesome revolvers. I could never find or afford a 3.5"

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ely View Post
    From the Standard Catalog:
    27 1957
    27-1 1960 Change extractor rod, right hand to left hand thread.
    27-2 1961 Cylinder stop changed, eliminate triggerguard screw.
    Stop The Robberies Enjoy Safe Streets / You can't argue with slaves that don't know they're shackled.

There is a great S&W forum (among lesser ones!) that will tell you all you need to know; ESP about vintage items.

(Is this one on question a 4-screw by chance? The 4 and 5 screw (older) models were generally worth more in like condition than the 3-screw later models)

This may be the one I thot of - tho if it is, the format has changed as well as the colors:

https://www.smithandwessonforums.com....5&o=relevance

If it isn't, there IS one where you can learn whatever you want

PS - Scroll down to the 5 screw (on high side of side-plate (4th screw would be in front of TG)

https://www.smithandwessonforums.com.../#post-2379371
    Last edited by PeeDee; 01-24-2023 at 03:28 PM.

MGO Member

that's the one IIRC

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by john.41 View Post
    From the Standard Catalog:
    27 1957
    27-1 1960 Change extractor rod, right hand to left hand thread.
    27-2 1961 Cylinder stop changed, eliminate triggerguard screw.
    This pistol is stamped 27 with no dash. And smith sent me paper work stating it was shipped in 1961. It is a nickel finish with 3.5 barrel. Sn S2100xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast