Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I am a Forum User
    When you get your perm. address in Michigan and make it your CPL address, change the Ohio license to non-res and you don't have to worry about RI-60 forms. Or spend the $60 and get Arizona and still not worry about RI-60 or registering pistols.

Quote Originally Posted by GreaseMonkeySRT View Post
    You do not need to turn in RI60s for pistols purchased outside of Michigan when moving to Michigan. They are a sales transaction record, and there's no way to factually/legally complete one in that context.

But anything that crosses state lines as far as a sale requires a FFL in most scenarios. There are a few exceptions, such as multiple residences in different states.
    I stand corrected and yes, you are right.
    Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it. Ronald Reagan

Gotta be somebody need some killin
    Major Benson Winifred Payne

I am a Forum User
    Thanks for the info guys. My Ohio expired in December and my lifetime Indiana license is obviously good to go for life. I’m in Indiana temporarily until the house is finished. Well it was supposed to be temporary, it’s going on 2.5 years because everyone in the UP has literally robbed us during this home build. The original general contractor, the excavator, 41 Lumber the material supplier and our electrician is doing some shady stuff, needless to say our intro to Michigan has been the worst experience of my life. The build is progressing now and should be done by summer but lots of people are going to get sued off this planet once the house is complete.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by pscipio03 View Post
    Though one might make the argument that once the OP moves any resident CCW he had would be defunct, therefore making the 'secondary CCW' no longer a factor.
    When another state's resident CPL is invalidated is not governed by Michigan statutory law ... that is governed by the laws of the state that issued the resident license. Michigan can only invalidate CPLs issued by Michigan.

That said, if he lives in Ohio and has both an Ohio CPL (as a resident of Ohio) as well as a non-resident CPL from another state (e.g., Florida, Arizona, etc.), even if Ohio law invalidates his Ohio CPL once he establishes residency here in MI, that has zero bearing on his other non-resident CPLs. That said, MI doesn't recognize CPLs issued by others states to non-residents of those states, so he would not be able to carry concealed on them here in MI, but he would still have other benefits (e.g., no requirement to submit RI-060 for a new handgun purchase after he gets his MI CPL).

What I can tell you is that if you move to this state you do NOT need to send your firearms through an ffl if you physically bring them in.
    That is correct. The only thing you have to do is, if you happen to have any NFA items (e.g., SBS, SBR, suppressors, etc.), you must complete, submit, and get an approved ATF Form 5320.20 back before you cross state lines.

By state law as I understand it, you'll need to fill out a RI-60 for each pistol, to include any SBRs you have that are under 26", and drop them off at your CLEO. Or, mail them in (what I used to do before I got a non-residence CCW).
    If you're telling the OP he has to complete an RI-060 for each pistol simply because he's moving here from Ohio, that would be incorrect. He does nothing for any handguns he already owns and is simply bringing with him to his new home in MI.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123