Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

MGO Member

Need Help With CZ75 Magazines

I have a friend who purchased a CZ75 when he was stationed in Germany in 1986. It says Made in Czechoslovakia in front of the slide lock. It came with two magazines and he is looking to get a couple more. He recently bought two off of Gun Broker that said they were for a 75 and they don't fit. The mag retention slot is at a different height on the mag and the taper and shape is different at the top. Does anyone know if there are differences between the model he picked up in Europe vs. the ones available here?

Thanks for your help.

I am a Forum User
    Good possibility your friend has a “pre B” CZ75. The “pre B” just refers to the pistol not having a firing pin block, but the pre-B guns can be finicky with newer magazines. Have him or her try to some older pre-B mags or at least look at some pics to see if they more closely resemble the mags he needs.

-Aveguy

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aveguy311 View Post
    Good possibility your friend has a “pre B” CZ75. The “pre B” just refers to the pistol not having a firing pin block, but the pre-B guns can be finicky with newer magazines. Have him or her try to some older pre-B mags or at least look at some pics to see if they more closely resemble the mags he needs.

-Aveguy
    It's not finicky, they just don't fit. If you compare the mags side by side they are very different shapes. Here's a picture of the original magazine on the right and the new one on the left.

Name:  CZ75-mags.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  91.7 KB
    Last edited by tvhero; 01-26-2023 at 06:43 PM. Reason: added picture

I am a Forum User
    There was a difference in the older and newer CZ 75 magazines, the older ones were thinner.

Go to this web site https://www.cz-parts.com/cz-magazine...tibility-guide then read it, there are some embedded links in the reading so look for those as there is a little info on the older mags.
    Last edited by slingshot77; 01-26-2023 at 09:58 AM.

I am a Forum User
    Good link, slingshot77.. if the OP doesn't find what he needs on that link, I'm sure he can contact that site to get the info he needs.

I have 2 Taurus model 92 pistols, an earlier model, which has the mag release at the bottom of the grip frame, & a newer model,
    which has the mag release higher, closer to the trigger guard.
    I bought an accessory ( not oem) mag for them, it will fit, but not lock into both, as a cut in the magazine ( for the catch to lock it in place)
    is in a different place. I used a dremel to cut a notch in the mag in the proper location, & now the mag works in either pistol.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slingshot77 View Post
    There was a difference in the older and newer CZ 75 magazines, the older ones were thinner.

Go to this web site https://www.cz-parts.com/cz-magazine...tibility-guide then read it, there are some embedded links in the reading so look for those as there is a little info on the older mags.
    Thanks for the link. I'll pass it along to him.

I am a Forum User
    I have a pre-B Cz85 and before I took a file to the frame, the Mec-Gar 16rnd mags were what would fit it. The 17rnd mags were very tight.