Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

Pistol Grip Shotguns Now NFA Items

https://www.atf.gov/rules-and-regula...espdf/download

Beginning on pg. 22, the AFT reclassifies all pistol grip shotguns as NFA items, completely blowing apart the 2014 determination.

Because these types of firearms were never designed to be fired from one hand, this rule, as described in the NPRM, does not apply to firearms commonly referred to as pistol grip shotguns.29 86 FR at 30828–29. The 2014 classification described above and any classification that provides that a pistol grip shotgun is not an NFA firearm is no longer valid or authoritative as of [INSERT DATE OF PUBLICATION IN THE FEDERAL REGISTER], and the firearm should be resubmitted to FATD for evaluation.

MGO Member
    read pages 22-23 and page 47 seams ok if no brace on your tac or shockwave

I believe it also only applies to those guns under 26”. The shockwave should be fine as long as it has the long broom handle grip. The Komrad is toast though. Without the brace it’s probably in the 22” range.

Left bad, right probably still OK (this week).

Not looking good…..

Last edited by Fuel Fire Desire; 01-27-2023 at 09:55 AM.

I am a Forum User
    I thought all shotguns under 26” have always been an AOW so no change there?

Was probably posted somewhere else, but here's the actual ATF doc so you're not relying on "subscribe to my channel because the sky is falling youtube 2A parade".

https://www.atf.gov/rules-and-regula...espdf/download

I am a Forum User
    Am I understanding this correctly that it only applies to shotguns with barrel lengths less than 18in and/or oal less than 26in?

at least for now anyway