Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Thread: YSSINTG

YSSINTG

I've enjoyed taking MDFI's classes over the years, and I am looking forward to taking You Still Suck! It's Not the Gun in February. This will be my first MDFI advanced-level course.

I have a good idea of what to expect - MDFI has set a high bar and has never failed to meet my expectations. But, that said, have any of you taken this? If so, what were your experiences?
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

MGO Member
    I took it a couple years ago, before Covid. It was fun but it's very, very basic stuff. Not advanced at all. Kind of a return to fundamentals class.
    No man made law physically prevents one from doing anything they have a mind to.

Taken it twice now.
    As Gary said, it's not heavily geared towards advanced shooters, more mid-level.
    If you've had YSINTG you'll be easily prepared for the follow up.
    Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it. Ronald Reagan

Gotta be somebody need some killin
    Major Benson Winifred Payne

This is entertaining lvl to show them and you where your skill lvl is at and what you need to work on. I've taken 4 class in total. Looking to add lowlight pistol in May. Make sure to have 300 rounds for your pistol or more. Food snacks water or something to drink.
    NRA Life member, NRARSO, Howell Gun Club member, MDFI Alum 2019 & 2020, 2023 GOA Life Member. MGO life member.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Waverly View Post
    I've enjoyed taking MDFI's classes over the years, and I am looking forward to taking You Still Suck! It's Not the Gun in February. This will be my first MDFI advanced-level course.

I have a good idea of what to expect - MDFI has set a high bar and has never failed to meet my expectations. But, that said, have any of you taken this? If so, what were your experiences?
    So how was the class?
    NRA Life member, NRARSO, Howell Gun Club member, MDFI Alum 2019 & 2020, 2023 GOA Life Member. MGO life member.

The class was great. (By the way, I've been at Outdoorama most of the weekend, and was just too tired to respond earlier).

The class started with the Foundation Handgun qualifier, which I passed, and ended with the YSSINTG qualifier, which I didn't do so good at (I was exhausted by that point, and my grouping really spread out at 25 yards). The class reinforced the fundamental handgun skill taught in other classes, but added the "stress" of time, speed and a bit of distance. One of the key learning points for me was that I could shoot faster and more accurately (up to about 7 yards, anyway) than I thought possible. That was a great feeling. I also picked up a couple of drills that I want to continue to focus on, then increase my distance as I do so. Like I said, my groupings really suck when I get out to 15 yards and beyond.

Another important lesson had us take a closer look at accuracy. If one is a bullseye shooter, then the X-ring is all-important. But, in a self-defense situation, getting the round "on paper" becomes more important. For more on that, I'll just refer you to the class. It was an eye-opener for me.

I was considering using a 1911 for this class, especially since I am focusing on learning more about that platform right now. But this isn't the class to learn a new platform - use what you are familiar with. I will be taking a 1911 to a YSINTG class, though.

I also want to mention the class was at an indoor range. I liked the fact that I didn't have to worry about the weather, but the downside was the air handler was extremely noisy, and made it challenging for me to hear, even with my hearing aids and hearing protection with noise reduction. The instructors were aware of this, and often times would come closer to me and repeat their instructions. The next class will be at an outdoor range, where I will brave the weather.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Waverly View Post
    The class was great. (By the way, I've been at Outdoorama most of the weekend, and was just too tired to respond earlier).

The class started with the Foundation Handgun qualifier, which I passed, and ended with the YSSINTG qualifier, which I didn't do so good at (I was exhausted by that point, and my grouping really spread out at 25 yards). The class reinforced the fundamental handgun skill taught in other classes, but added the "stress" of time, speed and a bit of distance. One of the key learning points for me was that I could shoot faster and more accurately (up to about 7 yards, anyway) than I thought possible. That was a great feeling. I also picked up a couple of drills that I want to continue to focus on, then increase my distance as I do so. Like I said, my groupings really suck when I get out to 15 yards and beyond.

Another important lesson had us take a closer look at accuracy. If one is a bullseye shooter, then the X-ring is all-important. But, in a self-defense situation, getting the round "on paper" becomes more important. For more on that, I'll just refer you to the class. It was an eye-opener for me.

I was considering using a 1911 for this class, especially since I am focusing on learning more about that platform right now. But this isn't the class to learn a new platform - use what you are familiar with. I will be taking a 1911 to a YSINTG class, though.

I also want to mention the class was at an indoor range. I liked the fact that I didn't have to worry about the weather, but the downside was the air handler was extremely noisy, and made it challenging for me to hear, even with my hearing aids and hearing protection with noise reduction. The instructors were aware of this, and often times would come closer to me and repeat their instructions. The next class will be at an outdoor range, where I will brave the weather.

I'm taking low-light pistol in May. Out in the sticks, where MDFI has their own range and club.