Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

MGO Member

Custom Barrel Locally?

I have a CMMG MK10 (10mm) and I am having no luck finding a carbine length barrel that will work the propitiatory “delayed blowback” BCG. CMMG said they have no plans to make one, so I am thinking about possibly getting a barrel made for it. I can provide my 8” (template) barrel if needed to make a 14.5” or 16”. My question is, does anyone have a lead on a custom barrel maker that can possibly make one? Always prefer to stay local but I am at a loss. Any help/information is greatly appreciated. Thanks MGO 👍

MGO Member
    The barrel isn't the problem, the barrel extension is. The extension is unique to CMMG's radial delayed blowback design as is the bolt which you have. Barrels are bought with the extension already assembled.

If you can buy the extension from CMMG then find the barrel and a 'smith to assemble it all you'd be all set.

Jim

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim1855 View Post
    The barrel isn't the problem, the barrel extension is. The extension is unique to CMMG's radial delayed blowback design as is the bolt which you have. Barrels are bought with the extension already assembled.

If you can buy the extension from CMMG then find the barrel and a 'smith to assemble it all you'd be all set.

Jim
    Thanks Jim, I will definitely be looking into this further. I appreciate your help!

I am a Forum User
    If the barrel extension is setup like a standard ar, it should be doable. Meaning, drill the pin, spin off the old barrel, spin on a new one, check headspace, and pin it. Of course there is a lot more to it than that, but still.