Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

Question Sergeant Major Munitions GTG?

Anyone have any experience or opinions on Sergeant Major Munitions (.223; 9mm etc)?
    It is presented as "premium Tula" and "range friendly." Looks to be Zinc plated steel cased ammo with brass jacketed lead bullet (not bi-metal/magnetic like so much steel cased ammo).
    Looks to be a little under-powered, but most Tula is...
    Thanks for any opinions based on experience you would be willing to share

I do not see any contact info (physical address) or payment options without digging to far. That should be upfront info. I would back away. Just me. And everything appears to be "out of stock"

Sergeant Major is the "new" branding of TulAmmo imports. Only difference is between the black box Tula and this kinda, but not really, new line is the Serbian powder.
    This is what makes it "premium". Brings it closer to normal velocity and pressure specs:
    115gr 9mm @1200fps / 34k psi (claimed)
    55gr .223 @2950fps / 55k psi (claimed) - close-ish to real XM193 5.56

This Tula still mostly follows the normal import route of Russia-Germany-Eurosports LLC in Texas via Charleston harbor.
    Might actually see more of this Tula on the shelves soon as the stocks of the black boxes are depleted....you know Russia bad, Ukraine good politics and sanctions.
    I think it's labeled JSC (joint stock company) Tula Cartridge Works instead of made in Russia.

The brass claim is a gimmick - it's the same as pretty much every other copper plated jacket (a 95:5 copper:zinc which technically makes it brass).
    Zinc plated steel cases are the same, as are the primers.

BattleHawk, CanoeClub and West Coast Armory are the 3 biggest online distributors. SGM Munition IS legit. And it's still STEEL, so it better be cheap since you won't be reloading.

I am a Forum User
    Wow- thanks, that’s great info. I really appreciate it. I guess if it’s at least little easier on barrels/chambers than traditional steel case bi-metal bullets, has enough umph to cycle reliably and is not corrosive, I just may give it a go.
    Thanks again- great info

I am a Forum User
    Steel doesn't seal as easy as brass, so it will need more umph

I am a Forum User
    Anyone with hands-on trigger time experience with this ammo have any input, thoughts, feedback etc?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Sn0mans View Post
    Anyone with hands-on trigger time experience with this ammo have any input, thoughts, feedback etc?
    I’ve shot Sergeant Major 9 mm, no issues same experience as Tula Steel,inexpensive compared to brass case( I don’t reload) can shoot it at indoor ranges as they all don’t seem to allow steel case.

Can by Blazer Aluminum case from S&G for $246 shipped to Oakland county, I personally would buy Blazer 1st.

Seen this guy at gun shows.

https://tundramichigan.com/products/...of-1000-rounds