Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

New (tax-free) form 1 question

Has anybody filled out the new pistol brace (tax-free) form 1 yet? If so did it require a picture (or pictures) of the pistol being attached the form?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by slingshot77 View Post
    Has anybody filled out the new pistol brace (tax-free) form 1 yet? If so did it require a picture (or pictures) of the pistol being attached the form?
    Yes, you will be required to submit a photo of the entire firearm including the brace itself(serious).

Subsequently, though, the ATF will be happy to provide your booking photo and even attach it to your DOC file once they decide the degree of “enforcement discretion” they want to use(slightly less serious, but not by a lot).

-Aveguy

I am a Forum User
    Has anyone on this board actually filled out the new form 1 yet?

Is just 1 photo needed or will a photo of both sides be needed?

Will a closeup picture of the markings on the lower also be needed?

How large can the attached photo's be? (I'm pretty sure there is a max size limit allowed but I can't seem to find that again)

I just want to have everything needed at my fingertips and ready before I actually start the form 1 so I don't have to stop part way through to track down needed info.

I don't care about the politics on this as the ATF already has plenty of me on their records due to other NFA items. I just want that free tax stamp before all the lawsuits stop the free-tax-stamp deal.

I am a Forum User
    Name:  22830.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  79.2 KB

I was tempted to do it, but the risk is not worth the $200 savings to me. I might just form 1 it the "normal" way.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by thedonn007 View Post
    I was tempted to do it, but the risk is not worth the $200 savings to me. I might just form 1 it the "normal" way.
    That's the best way to avoid potential self-incrimination.

To each their own but why anyone would take the bait is besides me.

Quote Originally Posted by GreaseMonkeySRT View Post
    That's the best way to avoid potential self-incrimination.

To each their own but why anyone would take the bait is besides me.
    I might have done it 20 years ago, but now $200 is not as much as it used to be.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by thedonn007 View Post
    I might have done it 20 years ago, but now $200 is not as much as it used to be.
    The problem that I see is in the processing time. With all the (say people like me) that are going to take advantage of the free tax stamp and continued gun usage during the processing period, plus the ability to keep the gun assembled and operational during the wait time (might be a very long time) then I really don't see the advantage to using a conventional form 1.

With a conventional form 1 the parts must remain disassembled until you have the tax stamp in hand. How long is this going to take with the ATF being heavily overloaded with the many/many seeking free tax stamps, or just wanting to register their pistol to keep it legal?

Plus with the conventional form 1 you need to have the gun engraved (I think-so anyhow), but with the pistol brace free tax stamp form 1 there is no engraving required if the gun already has a serial number and the manufacturer info stamped on the receiver. (to me this is a BIG plus right there)

On the other hand, using the new "pistol brace" form 1 (per their current guidance) gives the owner the ability to keep the gun assembled as an operation pistol and fully useful until the form 1 is fully processed and the stamp is received. Then once the tax stamp is received any stock can be added as desired.

Either way the ATF will have a record of you, but the way I see it that is not a big deal as if they ever come looking for the gun under some confiscation deal it will just cost you that lower and possibly some old trashed upper with a junk barrel.

I really don't see an actual (come to your door) confiscation ever happening (at least until the country has really gone past ever saving it without bloodshed), it will probably be more like if you get caught with something deemed illegal then 10 or 20 years in prison mandatory and/or a massive fine will probably be the way they do it. Either way, both the pistol brace form 1 or the old form1 will put you on their (you-have-one) list. Plus if you already have the darn thing registered as a pistol in Michigan then they already know you have (or had) that serial numbered gun.

If all this nonsense goes away to a good legal involvement, or possibly congress involvement, then no big deal as the tax stamp should still be good to go.

Great- please ‘take advantage’ of this so that the AFT can add your compliance with all the other short sighted people who buy into this and show Congress that, “people want this”. Then when the AFT gets their pee-pee slapped for multiple unConstitutional activities they can take it to Congress to make a law.
    Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it. Ronald Reagan

Gotta be somebody need some killin
    Major Benson Winifred Payne

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by pscipio03 View Post
    Great- please ‘take advantage’ of this so that the AFT can add your compliance with all the other short sighted people who buy into this and show Congress that, “people want this”. Then when the AFT gets their pee-pee slapped for multiple unConstitutional activities they can take it to Congress to make a law.
    Thanks, I am going to take advantage of this. But no thanks for the unasked for advise.

You do what you want and I will do what I want. Burger King and the USA, ain't it great we can both have it our way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast