Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Magnet fishing

I am a Forum User
    they were unfired

SW of Grand Rapids, surrounded by chickens, Detroit some weekends.
    Quote Originally Posted by michiganlouie View Post
    Never magnetfished but I've been watching a lot of videos. One lady was pulling up unfired shotgun shells. Another guy pulled up a bicycle and later, a lawn mower.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    How much steel is in a Spent Shell.
    See above-said “unfired” shells.
    “Cui prodest?” Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Quote Originally Posted by jeffy View Post
    they were unfired
    Of the videos I watched, they were recovering sunk fired shells with their magnets, of course if it was an unfired shell, it would have to be steel. Lead or Bismuth would be too heavy to lift with just the steel in the primer.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

SW of Grand Rapids, surrounded by chickens, Detroit some weekends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    Of the videos I watched, they were recovering sunk fired shells with their magnets, of course if it was an unfired shell, it would have to be steel. Lead or Bismuth would be too heavy to lift with just the steel in the primer.
    Yup, talking about the video michiganlouie referenced, unfired shells would have to be steel shot to be drug up, if at all.
    “Cui prodest?” Lucius Annaeus Seneca

MGO Member
    I am very interested in getting into this someday. Any suggestions on where to shop for a magnet rig?

go to bridge on fox creek alter road. Go to mariner park, ford park any of the smaller parks along the river starting in Grosse Pointe going down to belle isle. I almost guarantee you will get a gun or knife in fox creek. It would not shock me if you got three guns.

MGO Member
    Eastpointe (formerly known as East Detroit)
    Quote Originally Posted by bmctvsh2506 View Post
    I am very interested in getting into this someday. Any suggestions on where to shop for a magnet rig?
    Amazon will probably run Black Friday sales...got mine, a 600 pounder for less than 20$ delivered. All you'll need is some good rope.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12