Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AR Pistol Optic

I am a Forum User
    Eh, to each their own. I'd agree that a 512 is too big, but I like the XPS.

I've ran it with a Trijicon MRO, Vortex Sparc II, Sig Romeo MSR, and like this one the best, quickest, easiest to get a sight picture on.

In Memoriam Forum User
    For me the Vortex Spitfire AR was perfect for an AR pistol. I really like the etched reticle. Bright & crisp!

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by donth8gr8 View Post
    What optic is everyone running on their AR Pistol? Picking up a 10.5" and looking for suggestions.
    It depends on what I am using it for. For my shorter 7.5" and 9" pistols the EOtech XPS is just fine, very quick target actuation and accurate enough for defense usage.

On my 10.5" I use that one for hunting and some specific target use so on that one I REALLY like a 1-8 low power variable scope. That gun hits where I aim out to 300 yards, the 1 power setting is just about as good as a red dot for bad-breath-distances, with the 8 power giving better longer range accuracy and far better longer range target identification. (if the new pistol brace rule (law) doesn't get overturned then this setup probably won't be legal in the future).

In my estimation the 1-8 variable optic has a lot to offer on the longer 10"- 12" -AR type pistols, except for one area, that is weight, adding a 1-8 LPO does make them heavy.

If you want light weight then probably stay with open sights, or a red dot/holographic of some kind.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12