Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sub-Sonic 9mm & 300AAC Ammo Recommendations

After ten months my tax stamp finally arrived and i picked up my SilencerCo HYBRID 46 from my FFL Agent.

I plan on mounting it on my Beretta M9-A3 and looking for 9mm sub-sonic ammo recommendations.

My SilencerCo OCTANE stamp is still a few months out. It will be mounted on my Detroit Gun Works SBR chambered in 300 AAC. Looking for sub-sonic 300 AAC ammo recommendations.

Thank You

Name:  20230203_154825~2.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  93.1 KB
    Opinions Expressed Are Mine Alone And Do Not Represent The Michigan Gun Owners Organization Its Members Affiliates Or Advertisers.

I am a Forum User
    Anything 147 grain for 9mm should be subsonic, even if it isn't advertised as such. I've been using either Federal Syntech 150 grain or AAC 147 grain as its about the same price as regular 9mm. For 300aac, I've been using Ammo Inc. StelTH 220 grain. Palmetto had it for 80 cents a round a week or two ago.
    Last edited by Blue XJ; 02-14-2023 at 06:57 PM.

Thank You
    Opinions Expressed Are Mine Alone And Do Not Represent The Michigan Gun Owners Organization Its Members Affiliates Or Advertisers.

I am a Forum User
    No problem. It looks like Palmetto has the Ammo Inc subs for 80 cents again for today's sale. I've put quite a few through mine with zero issues.

Just an FYI, a 50 yard zero with 220 grain 300aac is the same as a 100 yard zero with 110 grain 300aac.

MGO Member

147 gr will 99 times out of 100 be subsonic.
    220 gr 300 BLK will be as well. Most 200 gr, too.
    Almost any 45 ACP will be subsonic regardless of gr (know you didn't ask, just throwing that out there).

You are probably going to need a Nielson device for that Hybrid 46 to work on any pistol. Would highly recommend calling SilencerCo and finding out. If not, you've got yourself a bolt-action pistol.
    Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it. Ronald Reagan

Gotta be somebody need some killin
    Major Benson Winifred Payne

Consider getting into reloading. 300BLK is alot of fun to play with in regards to handloading. You can really fine tune cleanliness and sound signature, among other things. And there's quite a bit of money to be saved handloading that round.

MGO Member
    will agree 100% with /\/\ that.

I am a Forum User
    My Hybrid 46 works perfectly fine on my Glock 19X.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by FishinJoe View Post
    My Hybrid 46 works perfectly fine on my Glock 19X.

Joe
    Running subs, or sonic?
    Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it. Ronald Reagan

Gotta be somebody need some killin
    Major Benson Winifred Payne

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast