Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Hidden Hybrid holsters (concealing a cannon)

I stumbled across Hidden Hybrid while looking for an IWB option for a Glock. I had been apprehensive about finding an AIWB for another full size gun, as I already have IWB’s for other full size guns….some don’t conceal well, others do but are terribly uncomfortable while sitting for long periods.

I’ve had a Glock 20C for many years, and since it borders on being comically large, I have rarely carried it on my person. The Hidden Hybrid design is not only very comfortable, but it makes this brick of a gun disappear.

The holster is a typical hybrid design like I’ve owned with King Tuks, but it’s set up with a single vertical clip, claw, and suede on the back.

The suede is an excellent feature. It doesn’t slide around at all like the smooth leather Galcos I own, and keeps shirts down from being untucked. Leather and kydex is significantly superior to older and modern Galco hybrids. The type and location of claw used is about perfect, it keeps the obscenely large grip of the G20C pressed against my belly. While I was wearing a sweater in the above pic, I’m confident I could pull it off with a long tee as well.

My only complaint is the single thin belt clip. I prefer loops, or a wide clip, but since the suede on the back is bearing most of the weight with a tight belt, the clip really shouldn’t be load bearing walking around. So it should be fine.

They’re made to order, any color or pattern you want, and can do any custom requests. I have the basic model with the full height sweat shield, and it was around $100 shipped, with a turn around time of about two weeks. I’ll probably have a couple more made as well. Extremely impressed.

I would need to peel at least 20 something pounds. Even when I was thiner it was still not the ideal spot for me, not comfortable watching tv, in car etc.

You wore this same glock, IWB in a king tuck and didn't like it? As much or didn't like it at all ?

Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    I would need to peel at least 20 something pounds. Even when I was thiner it was still not the ideal spot for me, not comfortable watching tv, in car etc.

You wore this same glock, IWB in a king tuck and didn't like it? As much or didn't like it at all ?

Being me, I just don’t like to print at all. The king tuk was comfortable, but it was a big time print machine any time I sat down or bent over. The full frame glocks are just big guns. The slippery body side leather would always let my undershirt pop up too.

I used king tuks for years until I transitioned away from 5 O’clock carry all together. 90% of the time I appendix carry, usually with a full size unless it’s hot out and wear lightweight shorts and tees. The other 10% of the time I shoulder rig it, mostly for long drives or when I want an open flannel over shirt. I’ve been using a CZ97 for the last couple years, but since it’s a tad slimmer than a 1911 it’s never been an issue. The 1-1/4”+ thick Glock was always a challenge to IWB well. This hybrid does a very good job of burying it into my gut.

The AIWB holster that’s been causing me discomfort was a custom one I had made for an FNX45, which is just as bulky as the Glock. It hid the gun well, but used a wedge on the back to further press the grip into my gut. As I’ve been getting older, I have a nice fat pad on my pubic bone. That wedge absolutely kills me when sitting. Great for walking around, but unpleasant while seated for more than an hour. The flat back design of the hybrid is monumentally more comfortable.

I do understand that I’m attempting to carry a full size duty pistol as if it were a sub compact, but it’s very doable with the right holster and my body type (I’m well over 6’ and wear 40” pants without being obese….I’m a mountain). This HH holster just happens to be a shining example.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuel Fire Desire View Post
    Being me, I just don’t like to print at all. The king tuk was comfortable, but it was a big time print machine any time I sat down or bent over. The full frame glocks are just big guns. The slippery body side leather would always let my undershirt pop up too.

I used king tuks for years until I transitioned away from 5 O’clock carry all together. 90% of the time I appendix carry, usually with a full size unless it’s hot out and wear lightweight shorts and tees. The other 10% of the time I shoulder rig it, mostly for long drives or when I want an open flannel over shirt. I’ve been using a CZ97 for the last couple years, but since it’s a tad slimmer than a 1911 it’s never been an issue. The 1-1/4”+ thick Glock was always a challenge to IWB well. This hybrid does a very good job of burying it into my gut.

The AIWB holster that’s been causing me discomfort was a custom one I had made for an FNX45, which is just as bulky as the Glock. It hid the gun well, but used a wedge on the back to further press the grip into my gut. As I’ve been getting older, I have a nice fat pad on my pubic bone. That wedge absolutely kills me when sitting. Great for walking around, but unpleasant while seated for more than an hour. The flat back design of the hybrid is monumentally more comfortable.

I do understand that I’m attempting to carry a full size duty pistol as if it were a sub compact, but it’s very doable with the right holster and my body type (I’m well over 6’ and wear 40” pants without being obese….I’m a mountain). This HH holster just happens to be a shining example.
    hmm look thinner than size 40. I'm size 38. 6'4" I tried to carry owb big sigs and xd45. Last year I went to p938 gave up a lot of capacity and much happier. I fit so much better on desk chairs, in jaguar coupe I barely fit in etc

Carrying that cz97 is wild thats a big gun. I couldn't bend over with something that big poking me in the gut.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    hmm look thinner than size 40. I'm size 38. 6'4" I tried to carry owb big sigs and xd45. Last year I went to p938 gave up a lot of capacity and much happier. I fit so much better on desk chairs, in jaguar coupe I barely fit in etc

Carrying that cz97 is wild thats a big gun. I couldn't bend over with something that big poking me in the gut.
    My height throws my proportions off, but I’m a solid 40” waist. I’m all torso with a very broad chest, so that wide waist looks a lot smaller. The advantage to that, is my big upper body lets shirts drape over shoulder rigs hiding holsters pretty easily.

It’s actually the most comfy full size I have. Even being a double stack it’s still a bit slimmer than my full size 1911. It’s actually more comfortable than my Glock 29, which tells me width is everything (at least for me).
    Last edited by Fuel Fire Desire; 02-15-2023 at 07:42 PM.

does it dig into your torso more ... When I walk my pup I'm geared up with a kydex pepper spray and a kbar and up front any leaning forward they dig in.

No printing is nice, I'm not trying to carry xd45 or my 226 appendix it might come in handy to have something to appendix carry the p938. I do not wear tons of fitted stuff, but I also do not like a ton of crap bouncing around in pocket.