Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    MGO Member
    Of the ones I saw I found two acceptable. They were the ones that remove taxes from safes, storage cabinets, trigger locks, etc.

Is there anything we can do currently (as individual members)to assist in stopping these bills? I have already written to my state level Senator and Rep telling them I do not support these bills.

Maybe someone could write up some form letters specific to these bills people could copy and paste emails to their Reps in Lansing. Flooding the in boxes in Lansing with well thought out letters can't hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by UpNorthWOLF View Post
    On that note, I believe in the past I donated with PayPal... but now I don't have that any longer. Is there a replacement such service?
    At the bottom of the page it says "If paying with a Credit / Debit card, click Proceed to PayPal and then click the button near the bottom that says Pay with Debit or Credit Card."
    If you support the perversion of America. Then, you are the problem.

I'm Your Huckleberry

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Dansjeep2000 View Post
    Maybe someone could write up some form letters specific to these bills people could copy and paste emails to their Reps in Lansing. Flooding the in boxes in Lansing with well thought out letters can't hurt.
    https://www.migunowners.org/forum/sh...r-and-rep-list

We need an updated one to fight this current ban push. That's where my question was headed. I can type up a new one, but we need some of the leadership here to head this up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Waverly View Post
    MGO is working with other firearm rights groups, primarily at the state level, to address the anti-gun laws. All groups have their lawyers, including our own Shyster, focused on retaining our rights as responsible armed citizens. You will be hearing more from our leadership as these issues move forward.

And, as a shameless plug, you might consider becoming a paid member of MGO, and help support our legal efforts.
    This
    Life is too serious to take too seriously.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Celebrate Recovery! Member & Group Coach

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by RifleGuy View Post
    This
    Yes, thats a great way to help. But for those who can’t… I’ll ask the question again. What is the leadership here doing besides asking for money? Are there any plans organize a letter writing campaign?

Grass roots activism means more than just hiring lawyers.

Quote Originally Posted by jsxtreme View Post
    Yes, thats a great way to help. But for those who can’t… I’ll ask the question again. What is the leadership here doing besides asking for money? Are there any plans organize a letter writing campaign?

Grass roots activism means more than just hiring lawyers.
    And the lawyers are working on strategies. Give them an opportunity to see what the legislature is planning, so they can be better prepared to support our rights.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Got an email back from my Rep. on these new bills.

"Thank you for contacting the office of State Representative James DeSana. Like you, Rep. DeSana cherishes the right to keep and bear arms given to us by the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. For this reason, he opposes legislation designed to infringe this essential right of Americans.

Please know that your message has been shared with the Representative so that he can keep it in mind when voting in the Michigan House. Again, thank you for contacting us, and please do not hesitate to do so in the future should you have any further questions or concerns. We are always happy to help!

Sincerely,

James DeSana
    Representative, District 29
    NRA Life member, NRARSO, Howell Gun Club member, MDFI Alum 2019 & 2020, 2023 GOA Life Member. MGO life member.

I am a Forum User
    I'm not hearing much about this Michigan gun control push from may people, probably because it is state and not national.

We definitely need everyone to contact their representatives. I believe the best chance is to focus efforts on the MI house, as I think all the Senate bills already have enough sponsors to pass them. The squeaky wheel gets the grease, and if we don't contact our reps they will only hear the anti-gunners voices.

Links to find your State Representative to contact: https://house.mi.gov/#findarepresentative
    Links to find your State Senator to contact: https://www.senate.michigan.gov/FindYourSenator/

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast