Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Here’s What the Ammo Shortage Revealed About the Industry

"Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

MGO Member
    Thanks for posting this.

I am a Forum User
    Good article.
    As I'd thought, the shortage had several causes, not just the Govt buying all the ammo, not just hoarders or those buying it to flip for profit.
    Good to hear that Fiocchi is building a primer plant here, in the US..I've used their primers in the past, no complaints with them.

I think the writers didn't get the memo that now that the panic/stocking/scalping is mostly over prices are headed down again... Still not back to "normal" of 3 years ago, but bulk ammo deals are commonly down to 25c/9mm and .22 is down to 5-6c. This is basically the same cycle we had when Hillary ran against Trump - sky high and then down dirt cheap. Maybe inflation will set a new floor, but I think we will see the same bottom out in a couple of years when the market is oversupplied. We'll see I guess.

Account Closed Forum User
    I have gut feeling that many ammo mfg's are going to be called on to start making US Military contract ammo.

MGO Member
    Sadly, I don't think that we will ever see "normal" prices again.
    Washtenaw Sportsman's Club member
    NRA Certified RSO (Thanks MGO)
    NRA Member

I guess we just need to buy in bulk when the prices are normal.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowthrone View Post
    I think the writers didn't get the memo that now that the panic/stocking/scalping is mostly over prices are headed down again... Still not back to "normal" of 3 years ago, but bulk ammo deals are commonly down to 25c/9mm and .22 is down to 5-6c. This is basically the same cycle we had when Hillary ran against Trump - sky high and then down dirt cheap. Maybe inflation will set a new floor, but I think we will see the same bottom out in a couple of years when the market is oversupplied. We'll see I guess.
    capitalism is great at getting prices down but we seem to know no bounds for hoarding ammo. Which I am fine with. Stack it high. I would say when people show a willingness to often pay high prices and demand is dented but not really devastated at all, they are watching. Again, I am fine. They have the same motives as me, get the most for the least amount of work.

Just in general I do not see prices going back much below pre trump levels, with metal up, everything up up up, constantly I just dont see it. I just returned some plumbing stuff I bought doubles of. The solder went up 20 percent in a few months. You can not have things go up 20-30-40 percent for three years in a row, and expect prices to go back to the best low you can remember in the last 8 years.

8 years is a decent number at low inflation of 2 percent compounded that adds up on its own.

If they can get prices down and supply up I tip my cap to them.