Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

Ceracoating polymer grip

Has anybody on this site had a pistol (frame) grip Ceracoated then (really) used it for an extended period.

I'm not looking for 2 years in safe with 3 range outing, I'm looking for info on a daily user or at least a weekly shooter.

If so then how is it holding up?

Would you do it again, or go in another direction next time?

I can't buy exactly what I want/need so will need to customize then probably have it coated with something durable.

SW of Grand Rapids, surrounded by chickens, Detroit some weekends.
    I don’t have any direct evidence to provide for your inquiry but I can say this.

Coatings are only as durable as the substrate they are applied to. If in the normal course of use over some period of time the polymer of your handgun would wear, dent, scuff, scratch, etc., then the coating applied to it would be effected and show that wear as well, likely a bit more. I would think this ‘distressed’ look might not be too bad at first, but as the wear progressed it would definitely worsen. Just my
    “Cui prodest?” Lucius Annaeus Seneca