Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

MGO Member

Lansing-area Shooting Facilities

Looking for a place, other than the woods and fields at Rose Lake SGA, that is relatively near to Lansing where I can draw, move, transition rifle to pistol, and things like that. Square range is holding my training back.

What is the current take on places that are good for that? Places to not bother considering?

You might want to consider Chief Okemos Sportsman's Club. I am a member there, and I can take you out for a visit sometime. I'm not sure about transitioning from rifle to pistol, but if you are on a 25-yard range with no one else around, this might be acceptable. That would be a question for their Board to answer.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User
    Check out these guys. I think you may have options you are looking for there.

https://www.oakhillgun.club/home.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Waverly View Post
    You might want to consider Chief Okemos Sportsman's Club. I am a member there, and I can take you out for a visit sometime. I'm not sure about transitioning from rifle to pistol, but if you are on a 25-yard range with no one else around, this might be acceptable. That would be a question for their Board to answer.
    I second this. I am also a member and the last 2 times I went, I was lucky enough to have the range to myself and was able to practice some drawing from the holster. Awesome place.