Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

1911 10mm w/undercut trigger guard

1911 10mm w/undercut trigger guard.

Is there such a pistol that exists?
    Teachers leave them kids alone
    Hey! teacher! leave us kids alone!

Not a 1911, but the same form and still SAO with a great trigger. It’s top on my list for my next 10mm. I’ve handled a few and I find it more ergonomic, though I haven’t had the desire for an undercut on my 1911’s. Tighter fit than my 1911’s in similar price ranges. The biggest turn off for me is needing to buy new (expensive) mags.

I am a Forum User
    Yes they exist. Nighthawk and Wilson Combat will build you whatever you want. Depends on your budget.

You can do it yourself if you're careful, with varying grades of emery paper for metals and use successively lesser grades from 'coarser' to 'finer' and successively smaller round dowels or metal tubes to shape the undercut from beginning to end so it's smooth across its 'radius at the sides' and not 'v' shaped.

On my Rock Island, doing such did not void the warranty but on my Springfield forged 1911 it would have voided the warranty so I am still considering whether to do the Springfield or not.

On some cast metal frames (and often on polymer) you have to be careful about the thickness of the grip frame itself, but it can still be done under most circumstances and to many it makes a big difference.

Then again, there are many (here and elsewhere) who will vote against doing it at all and choose to have it done elsewhere.

https://culperprecision.com/everythi...-work-stipple/

https://rifleshooter.com/2016/09/cus...trigger-guard/

My Nighthawk 10mm has one.
    Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it. Ronald Reagan

Gotta be somebody need some killin
    Major Benson Winifred Payne